Newsgroup question

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Trusty, Oct 27, 2005.

  1. Trusty

    Trusty Guest

    Every time I go to my newsgroups on TB I get the pop question do you
    want to subscribe to "whatever newsgroup" I am using. Then when I say
    yes, it downloads ALL the posts, even ones I read through before. Any ideas?
    Trusty, Oct 27, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Trusty

    WSP Guest

    Trusty wrote:
    > Every time I go to my newsgroups on TB I get the pop question do you
    > want to subscribe to "whatever newsgroup" I am using.


    Are you saying that you have to subscribe to a newsgroup every time you
    visit it? - Even if you had previously subscribed to it?

    Then when I say yes, it downloads ALL the posts, even ones I read
    through before. Any
    > ideas?


    Is it downloading posts or headers?

    WSP
    WSP, Oct 27, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Trusty

    Trusty Guest

    WSP wrote:
    > Trusty wrote:
    >
    >> Every time I go to my newsgroups on TB I get the pop question do you
    >> want to subscribe to "whatever newsgroup" I am using.

    >
    >
    > Are you saying that you have to subscribe to a newsgroup every time you
    > visit it? - Even if you had previously subscribed to it?


    yes
    >
    > Then when I say yes, it downloads ALL the posts, even ones I read
    > through before. Any
    >
    >> ideas?

    >
    >
    > Is it downloading posts or headers?


    all the posts
    >
    > WSP
    Trusty, Oct 28, 2005
    #3
  4. Trusty

    WSP Guest


    > WSP wrote:
    >> Are you saying that you have to subscribe to a newsgroup every time
    >> you visit it? - Even if you had previously subscribed to it?


    >> yes


    Make sure when you are in the Subscribe dialog that you not only select
    (tick appears in box)the appropriate Newsgroup but that you also hit
    the Subscribe button (top right).
    >>
    >> Then when I say yes, it downloads ALL the posts, even ones I read
    >> through before. Any ideas?


    >> Is it downloading posts or headers?

    >
    > all the posts
    >

    Have you set any options in Folder Properties, such as Delete messages
    more than ... days old, or, Always delete read messages?

    Incidentally, downloading posts is usually something you have to ask
    for. The posts normally remain on your server unless you request them
    for Offline reading.
    >> WSP
    WSP, Oct 28, 2005
    #4
  5. Trusty

    WSP Guest


    >> WSP wrote:


    > Make sure when you are in the Subscribe dialog that you not only select
    > (tick appears in box)the appropriate Newsgroup but that you also hit
    > the Subscribe button (top right).
    >

    Sorry, this is misleading when I re-read it. I meant to say,
    Make sure when you are in the Subscribe dialog that you not only select
    the appropriate Newsgroup but that you also hit the Subscribe button
    (top right)(tick appears in box).
    WSP, Oct 28, 2005
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Chris

    Newsgroup question

    Chris, Nov 24, 2003, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    389
    Ville Pohjanheimo
    Nov 24, 2003
  2. Paul Ryan

    Thunderbird newsgroup question

    Paul Ryan, Sep 4, 2004, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    483
    Danny Colyer
    Sep 4, 2004
  3. fety
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    421
    Jeff Evans
    Mar 4, 2005
  4. CMC

    Newsgroup question

    CMC, Apr 22, 2006, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    419
    1 of 1
    Apr 28, 2006
  5. Zën

    Newsgroup question

    Zën, Jun 22, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,637
    Jimchip
    Jun 22, 2003
Loading...

Share This Page