    Can you help me?

    Thanks

    Claude

    Claude, Sep 9, 2003

  2. Claude

    Gazwad Guest

    Claude wrote:

    | hello everyone!
    |
    | A month ago, I asked my ISP to add the following newsgroup available
    | on the server:
    |
    | alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
    |
    | Ever since, everytime I click on this group, it is empty. I have
    | posted twice a test message and I can`t even see my own post.
    | I have called my ISP 3 times already, remove and redo my news
    | account, reset the list and no solution so far!
    |
    | Can you help me?
    |
    | Thanks
    |
    | Claude

    try this one alt.binaries.pictures.oral
    HTH

    --
    Gazwad

    Freelance scientist and people tester.
    Guardian: alt.os.windows-xp
    Moderator: alt.warez.uk

    http://snurl.com/21kc

    Gazwad, Sep 9, 2003

  3. Claude

    Boomer Guest

    Claude said:

    > hello everyone!
    >
    > A month ago, I asked my ISP to add the following newsgroup
    > available on the server:
    >
    > alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
    >
    > Ever since, everytime I click on this group, it is empty. I have
    > posted twice a test message and I can`t even see my own post.
    > I have called my ISP 3 times already, remove and redo my news
    > account, reset the list and no solution so far!
    >
    > Can you help me?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Claude

    Hi

    I show 247 messages there. From September 4th to today. Call your
    ISP again. Ask them what they show on that group.
    Maybe they don't have their newsserver configures properly.

    Boomer, Sep 9, 2003
  4. Claude

    bb3 Guest

    "Claude" <> wrote in message
    > hello everyone!
    >
    > A month ago, I asked my ISP to add the following newsgroup available on

    the
    > server:
    >
    > alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
    >
    > Ever since, everytime I click on this group, it is empty. I have posted
    > twice a test message and I can`t even see my own post.
    > I have called my ISP 3 times already, remove and redo my news account,

    reset
    > the list and no solution so far!
    >
    > Can you help me?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Claude

    alt.binaries.pictures.orchids works fine on my server. I show about 283
    posts since 5 September. I don't show, however, any posts from you (TINY)
    if you're using the same name to post there (TINT) as you are here (TINH).
    A Google Groups search doesn't help because they don't archive binaries. I
    think your best bet is to keep badgering your ISP.

    bb3, Sep 9, 2003
  5. Claude

    Claude Guest

    Get this!!!!

    Hi again!

    I called again my ISP to let them know what you just told me!
    They agree that this newsgroup is empty and they can`t add it to their list.
    They told me the only solution will be to find another news server who carry
    this group!
    I have no idea whare to find this kind of server!
    Can you help me?

    Thanks

    Claude

    Claude, Sep 9, 2003
  6. Claude

    Ionizer Guest

    Re: Get this!!!!

    That newsgroup doesn't seem overly busy, but it certainly is NOT empty.

    My ISP doesn't have great retention when it comes to binaries newsgroups,
    but there's a good 18 or so posts in that newsgroup since Sunday, which is
    as far back as the chimps at rogers.com will let me go.

    There are a number of paid newsgroup services available- someone else will
    no doubt be able to give you a recommendation.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Sep 9, 2003
  7. Claude

    Ionizer Guest

    more stupid crap

    Ionizer, Sep 9, 2003
  8. Re: Get this!!!!

    NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway.
    No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.

    Ionizer wrote:

    | That newsgroup doesn't seem overly busy, but it certainly is NOT
    | empty.
    |
    | My ISP doesn't have great retention when it comes to binaries
    | newsgroups, but there's a good 18 or so posts in that newsgroup since
    | Sunday, which is as far back as the chimps at rogers.com will let me
    | go.
    |
    | There are a number of paid newsgroup services available- someone else
    | will no doubt be able to give you a recommendation.
    |
    | Regards,
    | Ian.

    If you were not such a brain-dead **** you might have advised claude to try
    teranews or astranews.
    Both are good for binaries and both have free accounts up for grabs.

    If the 50MB per day allowance isn't enough for claude then astranews sell
    25GB worth of downloads for 10 bucks.

    But then you wouldn't have the mental capacity to even bother researching
    this would you.

    Hirotsugu Iman, Sep 9, 2003
  9. Claude

    slumpy Guest

    Re: Get this!!!!

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Hirotsugu Iman continued:

    > NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway.
    > No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.
    >
    > Ionizer wrote:
    >
    >> That newsgroup doesn't seem overly busy, but it certainly is NOT
    >> empty.
    >>
    >> My ISP doesn't have great retention when it comes to binaries
    >> newsgroups, but there's a good 18 or so posts in that newsgroup since
    >> Sunday, which is as far back as the chimps at rogers.com will let me
    >> go.
    >>
    >> There are a number of paid newsgroup services available- someone else
    >> will no doubt be able to give you a recommendation.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Ian.

    > If you were not such a brain-dead **** you might have advised claude
    > to try teranews or astranews.
    > Both are good for binaries and both have free accounts up for grabs.
    >
    > If the 50MB per day allowance isn't enough for claude then astranews
    > sell 25GB worth of downloads for 10 bucks.
    >
    > But then you wouldn't have the mental capacity to even bother
    > researching this would you.

    This post deserves the Fuckoff award for September.
    It's been awarded early so you can Fuckoff now.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Sep 9, 2003
  10. Re: Get this!!!!

    slumpy wrote:

    | "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?"
    | I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Hirotsugu Iman
    | continued:
    |
    || NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway.
    || No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.
    || --------------------------------------------------------
    || Ionizer wrote:
    ||| That newsgroup doesn't seem overly busy, but it certainly is NOT
    ||| empty.
    ||| My ISP doesn't have great retention when it comes to binaries
    ||| newsgroups, but there's a good 18 or so posts in that newsgroup
    ||| since Sunday, which is as far back as the chimps at rogers.com will
    ||| let me go.
    ||| There are a number of paid newsgroup services available- someone
    ||| else will no doubt be able to give you a recommendation.
    ||| Regards,
    ||| Ian.
    || If you were not such a brain-dead **** you might have advised claude
    || to try teranews or astranews.
    || Both are good for binaries and both have free accounts up for grabs.
    || If the 50MB per day allowance isn't enough for claude then astranews
    || sell 25GB worth of downloads for 10 bucks.
    || But then you wouldn't have the mental capacity to even bother
    || researching this would you.
    |
    | This post deserves the Fuckoff award for September.
    | It's been awarded early so you can Fuckoff now.
    | --
    | slumpy
    | no more
    | no less
    | just slumpy

    YHBT

    Keh Carstensen, Sep 9, 2003
  11. Claude

    slumpy Guest

    Re: Get this!!!!

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Keh Carstensen continued:

    >> This post deserves the Fuckoff award for September.
    >> It's been awarded early so you can Fuckoff now.

    > YHBT

    Geddaway !
    Really ?

    "I can spot a troll a mile off, by the scrape marks their knuckles leave
    on the ground."
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Sep 9, 2003
  12. Claude

    bb3 Guest

    Re: Get this!!!!

    "Claude" <> wrote in message
    > Hi again!
    >
    > I called again my ISP to let them know what you just told me!
    > They agree that this newsgroup is empty and they can`t add it to their

    list.
    > They told me the only solution will be to find another news server who

    carry
    > this group!
    > I have no idea whare to find this kind of server!
    > Can you help me?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Claude

    In addition to Teranews and Astranews that were mentioned in a previous
    post, Google turns up quite a list of lists of news servers (
    http://tinyurl.com/mshl ) with a wide range of prices, and some free. On
    one web-to-news I found ( www.usenet-access.com ) you can get 250mb per day
    per server, and it says it has 3 servers. Cost is $ 6.00/month. You'd have
    to contact the individual sites to see if they carry
    alt.binaries.pictures.orchids.

    > "bb3" <> wrote in message
    > |
    > | "Claude" <> wrote in message
    > | > hello everyone!
    > | >
    > | > A month ago, I asked my ISP to add the following newsgroup available

    on
    > | the
    > | > server:
    > | >
    > | > alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

    <snip>

    bb3, Sep 9, 2003
  13. Claude

    Gazwad Guest

    slumpy wrote:

    | "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?"
    | I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Keh Carstensen
    | continued:
    |
    ||| This post deserves the Fuckoff award for September.
    ||| It's been awarded early so you can Fuckoff now.
    || YHBT
    |
    | Geddaway !
    | Really ?
    |
    | "I can spot a troll a mile off, by the scrape marks their knuckles
    | leave on the ground."

    "*really*"

    Gazwad, Sep 9, 2003
  14. Re: Get this!!!!

    bb3 wrote:

    > In addition to Teranews and Astranews that were mentioned in a previous
    > post, Google turns up quite a list of lists of news servers (
    > http://tinyurl.com/mshl ) with a wide range of prices, and some free. On
    > one web-to-news I found ( www.usenet-access.com ) you can get 250mb per day
    > per server, and it says it has 3 servers. Cost is $ 6.00/month. You'd have
    > to contact the individual sites to see if they carry
    > alt.binaries.pictures.orchids.

    Additionally, Newsguy's good. I've subscribed for years, but have no
    other connection with them. Extremely reliable, and for something like
    $3.50US a month, you also get a couple of mailboxes and 50MB no-ads
    webspace. http://newsguy.com

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 297263
    Nixon's secretary now at MS? http://snurl.com/rosemary

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 9, 2003
  15. Claude

    Boomer Guest

    Re: Get this!!!!

    Claude said:

    > Hi again!
    >
    > I called again my ISP to let them know what you just told me!
    > They agree that this newsgroup is empty and they can`t add it to
    > their list.

    Why won't they add it?

    > They told me the only solution will be to find
    > another news server who carry this group!
    > I have no idea whare to find this kind of server!
    > Can you help me?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Claude

    Read through these groups:
    alt.free.newsservers
    alt.binaries.news-server-comparison

    Boomer, Sep 10, 2003
  16. Claude

    Juan Pérez Guest

    Re: Get this!!!!

    Boomer <> wrote:
    > Claude said:
    >
    > > Hi again!
    > >
    > > I called again my ISP to let them know what you just told me!
    > > They agree that this newsgroup is empty and they can`t add it to
    > > their list.

    > Why won't they add it?

    Because they think it's empty? :eek:)

    Juan Pérez, Sep 10, 2003
  17. Claude

    Claude Guest

    Thank you guys!

    Thanks you guys!

    I went with teranews!

    thanks

    Claude

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    | Claude said:
    |
    | > Hi again!
    | >
    | > I called again my ISP to let them know what you just told me!
    | > They agree that this newsgroup is empty and they can`t add it to
    | > their list.
    |
    | Why won't they add it?
    |
    | > They told me the only solution will be to find
    | > another news server who carry this group!
    | > I have no idea whare to find this kind of server!
    | > Can you help me?
    | >
    | > Thanks
    | >
    | > Claude
    |
    | Read through these groups:
    | alt.free.newsservers
    | alt.binaries.news-server-comparison
    |

    | > "bb3" <> wrote in message
    | > ..
    | >|
    | >| "Claude" <> wrote in message

    | >| the

    | >| reset

    | >|

    Claude, Sep 10, 2003
  18. Claude

    Boomer Guest

    Re: Get this!!!!

    Juan Pérez said:

    > Boomer <> wrote:
    >> Claude said:
    >>
    >> > Hi again!
    >> >
    >> > I called again my ISP to let them know what you just told me!
    >> > They agree that this newsgroup is empty and they can`t add it to
    >> > their list.

    >> Why won't they add it?

    > Because they think it's empty? :eek:)

    lol! <more lol>