    Earthlink and Roadrunner go through Time-Warner. Any ideas what is causing
    this slowdown?

    TIA
    Hayes, Jul 8, 2003

  2. Hayes

    Jimchip Guest

    On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 00:06:01 GMT, Hayes wrote:
    > I just recently changed ISPs from Roadrunner to Earthlink. Both are
    > broadband cable connections. I used Outlook Express to read newsgroups
    > while I was a Roadrunner user. The download speed of the messages was very
    > fast. I have just setup OE to use the Earthlink newsgroup server, and the
    > downloading of messages is very slow. I'm in the Houston area and both
    > Earthlink and Roadrunner go through Time-Warner. Any ideas what is causing
    > this slowdown?

    Earthlink's news servers are pretty slow. They are currently testing
    a new farm configuration (newstest2.earthlink.net) that people claim is
    much faster but also it apparently crashes a lot. YMMV.

    (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)
    Jimchip, Jul 8, 2003

  3. Hayes

    Hayes Guest

    "Jimchip" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 00:06:01 GMT, Hayes wrote:
    > > I just recently changed ISPs from Roadrunner to Earthlink. Both are
    > > broadband cable connections. I used Outlook Express to read newsgroups
    > > while I was a Roadrunner user. The download speed of the messages was

    very
    > > fast. I have just setup OE to use the Earthlink newsgroup server, and

    the
    > > downloading of messages is very slow. I'm in the Houston area and both
    > > Earthlink and Roadrunner go through Time-Warner. Any ideas what is

    causing
    > > this slowdown?

    > Earthlink's news servers are pretty slow. They are currently testing
    > a new farm configuration (newstest2.earthlink.net) that people claim is
    > much faster but also it apparently crashes a lot. YMMV.
    >
    > --
    > Anyone outside my light-cone is dead to me. That's just a rule I have.
    > (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)

    Any idea how I can use the configuration you mentioned?
    Hayes, Jul 8, 2003
  4. Hayes

    Jimchip Guest

    On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 08:40:36 GMT, Hayes wrote:

    > "Jimchip" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 00:06:01 GMT, Hayes wrote:
    >> > I just recently changed ISPs from Roadrunner to Earthlink. Both are
    >> > broadband cable connections. I used Outlook Express to read newsgroups
    >> > while I was a Roadrunner user. The download speed of the messages was

    > very
    >> > fast. I have just setup OE to use the Earthlink newsgroup server, and

    > the
    >> > downloading of messages is very slow. I'm in the Houston area and both
    >> > Earthlink and Roadrunner go through Time-Warner. Any ideas what is

    > causing
    >> > this slowdown?

    >> Earthlink's news servers are pretty slow. They are currently testing
    >> a new farm configuration (newstest2.earthlink.net) that people claim is
    >> much faster but also it apparently crashes a lot. YMMV.

    > Any idea how I can use the configuration you mentioned?

    I think it would be to set your server to newstest2.earthlink.net. The
    server requires authetication: Username is your email address. Password
    is your email password.

    You might want to subscribe to earthlink.support.usenet and
    earthlink.support.usenet.newstest2.

    (lifted from /. Posted by jamie.)
    Jimchip, Jul 8, 2003