    Simon
    --
    Replace the nosp@m with you know what...

    Simon Nattrass, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Simon Nattrass wrote:

    > Ripped out IE for Firebird and Thunderbird a while ago and I'm v.please
    > with one annoying problem. In TB my newsgroups are ordered top to
    > bottom by the order I subscribed to them. How do I get these ordered
    > alphabetically?? similar to IE Outlook Express.
    >
    > With all the customizations available this one must be a doddle to
    > implement, but I can't find it anywhere.
    >
    > Ideas??
    >
    > Rgds,
    > Simon

    Easiest way, without hacking at the profile, is to unsubscribe to all
    your newsgroups, then resunscribe in the desired order.

    Its an alpha release, remember.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 9, 2003

  3. Ah yes I thought of that but then I have quite a few newsgroups, and I'd
    have to do this everytime I found a new group I might want to subscribe to!

    Yep I know it's alpha, but many (more complicated) features/options are
    already there. So I suspect something this simple is possibly there too
    - but where? What's the profile "hack"??, that's the question.

    Simon

    --
    Replace the nosp@m with you know what...

    Simon Nattrass, Dec 9, 2003
  4. Den 09-12-2003 15:05, skrev Simon Nattrass:

    > Ah yes I thought of that but then I have quite a few newsgroups, and I'd
    > have to do this everytime I found a new group I might want to subscribe to!
    >
    > Yep I know it's alpha, but many (more complicated) features/options are
    > already there. So I suspect something this simple is possibly there too
    > - but where? What's the profile "hack"??, that's the question.

    The hack is quite simple:
    In the 'News' folder in your profile there is a file called
    yournewsserver.rc open that in a simple text editor and arrange the list
    of groups to your liking.
    As always shut Mozilla completely down (including Quick Launch) before
    hacking.

    HTH
    --
    Mvh / Regards