    in Thunderbird?

    (The order that I want is not necessarily alphabetical.)

    JM
    Jed Margolin, Dec 19, 2004

  2. Jed Margolin

    :: BRIAN :: Guest

    On 12/18/2004 9:33 PM Jed Margolin wrote:
    > Is there a way for me to change the order in which the newsgroups are listed
    > in Thunderbird?
    >
    > (The order that I want is not necessarily alphabetical.)

    Open the ".rc" file located in the "news" folder in your profile with a
    text editor, and rearrange the groups however you see fit.

    WinXP "default" Thunderbird profile:
    %appdata%\Thunderbird\Profiles\default\pk1f5rrq.slt\News\_SERVERNAME.rc_

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm
    :: BRIAN ::, Dec 19, 2004

  3. Jed Margolin

    Jed Margolin Guest

    :: BRIAN :: wrote:
    > On 12/18/2004 9:33 PM Jed Margolin wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a way for me to change the order in which the newsgroups are
    >> listed
    >> in Thunderbird?
    >>
    >> (The order that I want is not necessarily alphabetical.)

    > Open the ".rc" file located in the "news" folder in your profile with a
    > text editor, and rearrange the groups however you see fit.
    >
    > WinXP "default" Thunderbird profile:
    > %appdata%\Thunderbird\Profiles\default\pk1f5rrq.slt\News\_SERVERNAME.rc_
    >
    >> JM

    Thank you.

    (Suggestion for Thunderbird: Add the ability to drag newsgroup names to
    the desired position in the list.)

    JM
    Jed Margolin, Dec 19, 2004
  4. Jed Margolin

    siulo Guest

    > (Suggestion for Thunderbird: Add the ability to drag newsgroup names to
    > the desired position in the list.)

    I agree. It is a useful function in Netscape 4. I can amend the order of the groups anytime I want to.

    --
    Firefox and Thunderbird
    siulo, Dec 19, 2004
  5. (On 12/18/2004 10:17 PM) Jed Margolin wrote:
    > :: BRIAN :: wrote:
    >
    >> On 12/18/2004 9:33 PM Jed Margolin wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there a way for me to change the order in which the newsgroups are
    >>> listed
    >>> in Thunderbird?
    >>>
    >>> (The order that I want is not necessarily alphabetical.)

    >> Open the ".rc" file located in the "news" folder in your profile with
    >> a text editor, and rearrange the groups however you see fit.
    >>
    >> WinXP "default" Thunderbird profile:
    >> %appdata%\Thunderbird\Profiles\default\pk1f5rrq.slt\News\_SERVERNAME.rc_
    >>
    >>> JM

    > Thank you.
    >
    > (Suggestion for Thunderbird: Add the ability to drag newsgroup names to
    > the desired position in the list.)
    >
    > JM

    The proper way to suggest a change, feature, or bug in a Mozilla product
    is through Bugzilla [http://bugzilla.mozilla.org]. Talking about it
    here doesn't do much good, if nobody puts it in there--and I can't seem
    to find it in any of the searches I do.

    ::..BRIAN..::, Dec 19, 2004
  6. Jed Margolin

    Avalanche Guest

    On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 08:59:04 -0500, "::..BRIAN..::"
    <localhost@127.0.0.1> wrote:

    >(On 12/18/2004 10:17 PM) Jed Margolin wrote:
    >> :: BRIAN :: wrote:

    >>> Open the ".rc" file located in the "news" folder in your profile with
    >>> a text editor, and rearrange the groups however you see fit.
    >>>
    >>> WinXP "default" Thunderbird profile:
    >>> %appdata%\Thunderbird\Profiles\default\pk1f5rrq.slt\News\_SERVERNAME.rc_

    >> Thank you.
    >>
    >> (Suggestion for Thunderbird: Add the ability to drag newsgroup names to
    >> the desired position in the list.)
    >>
    >> JM

    >The proper way to suggest a change, feature, or bug in a Mozilla product
    >is through Bugzilla [http://bugzilla.mozilla.org]. Talking about it
    >here doesn't do much good, if nobody puts it in there--and I can't seem
    >to find it in any of the searches I do.

    My Firefox says this (bugzilla...) is invalid URL. Did you err?

    Brad
    Avalanche, Dec 20, 2004
  7. Jed Margolin

    :: BRIAN :: Guest

    On 12/19/2004 7:09 PM Avalanche wrote:
    > On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 08:59:04 -0500, "::..BRIAN..::"
    > <localhost@127.0.0.1> wrote:
    >

    >>(On 12/18/2004 10:17 PM) Jed Margolin wrote:

    >>>Thank you.
    >>>
    >>>(Suggestion for Thunderbird: Add the ability to drag newsgroup names to
    >>>the desired position in the list.)
    >>>
    >>>JM

    >>The proper way to suggest a change, feature, or bug in a Mozilla product
    >>is through Bugzilla [http://bugzilla.mozilla.org]. Talking about it
    >>here doesn't do much good, if nobody puts it in there--and I can't seem
    >>to find it in any of the searches I do.

    > My Firefox says this (bugzilla...) is invalid URL. Did you err?
    >
    > Brad

    Nope. Although it should be an https:// link, but the http:// address
    will send you there.

    :: BRIAN ::, Dec 20, 2004