    noticed this with all my newsgroups. Is this because of my newsgroup server?
    If so, can anyone recomend a good free server. thanks for any help!
    mosh

    Guest, Jul 2, 2005

  2. Guest

    WormWood Guest

    <mosh> wrote in message news:...
    > hi group, I'm new to newsgroups, and today I noticed something weird.
    > I use newsgruops in Outlook Express and I sent a post in yesterday,
    > and I got only 1 reply the next day, however, when I went into google
    > and looked at the group there were 4 replies, and my Outlook
    > newsgroups were still the same. I noticed this with all my newsgroups.
    > Is this because of my newsgroup server? If so, can anyone recomend a
    > good free server. thanks for any help!
    > mosh

    Your server isn't picking up on your messages at all times. Sorry, I'm
    limited in knowledge of better news servers since I'v only ever used my
    isps' offerings so I'm not qualified to make recommendations. You could
    google for some prospects.

    WormWood, Jul 2, 2005

  3. Guest

    uh Clem Guest

    With foot jammed firmly in mouth on Sat, 2 Jul 2005 12:53:30 +1000,
    <mosh> mumbled:

    >hi group, I'm new to newsgroups, and today I noticed something weird. I use
    >newsgruops in Outlook Express and I sent a post in yesterday, and I got only
    >1 reply the next day, however, when I went into google and looked at the
    >group there were 4 replies, and my Outlook newsgroups were still the same. I
    >noticed this with all my newsgroups. Is this because of my newsgroup server?
    >If so, can anyone recomend a good free server. thanks for any help!
    >mosh

    This might help.

    http://freenews.maxbaud.net/

    uh Clem, Jul 2, 2005
  4. <mosh> wrote:

    > hi group, I'm new to newsgroups, and today I noticed something weird. I use
    > newsgruops in Outlook Express and I sent a post in yesterday, and I got only
    > 1 reply the next day, however, when I went into google and looked at the
    > group there were 4 replies, and my Outlook newsgroups were still the same. I

    Outlook? Outlook Express? Make up your mind.

    > noticed this with all my newsgroups. Is this because of my newsgroup server?
    > If so, can anyone recomend a good free server. thanks for any help!

    You're probably using your ISP's server, and ISPs usually have for-shit
    news servers.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 2, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "uh Clem" <_CHEESE_LOG> wrote in message
    > With foot jammed firmly in mouth on Sat, 2 Jul 2005 12:53:30 +1000,
    > <mosh> mumbled:
    >
    >>hi group, I'm new to newsgroups, and today I noticed something weird. I
    >>use
    >>newsgruops in Outlook Express and I sent a post in yesterday, and I got
    >>only
    >>1 reply the next day, however, when I went into google and looked at the
    >>group there were 4 replies, and my Outlook newsgroups were still the same.
    >>noticed this with all my newsgroups. Is this because of my newsgroup
    >>server?
    >>If so, can anyone recomend a good free server. thanks for any help!
    >>mosh
    >>

    > This might help.
    >
    > http://freenews.maxbaud.net/

    thanks! I found a new server = freenews.netfront.net
    working sweetly! cheers.

    Guest, Jul 2, 2005