    Is there a setting I can use to put things back to the previous method. I am
    using XP Home with Outlook Express 6.

    Thanks for looking.

    unme, Feb 24, 2004

  2. unme

    Patrick Guest

    unme wrote:
    > Something has messed up my settings re my newsgroups. Previously they
    > downloaded with each thread grouped together with a + sign at the
    > side.
    >
    > Now they download & each single message is visible.
    >
    > Is there a setting I can use to put things back to the previous
    > method. I am using XP Home with Outlook Express 6.
    >
    > Thanks for looking.

    'View' menu
    'Current View >'
    Make sure that thiere is a tick against 'Group Messages by Conversation'

    Patrick, Feb 24, 2004

  3. unme

    °Mike° Guest

    View / Current View / Group messages by conversation.

    And your Outlook Express is not up to date, by the way.

    Install the cumulative update, and then visit Windows Update.

    Outlook Express
    April 2003, Cumulative Patch for Outlook Express (330994)
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/330994/default.asp

    Internet Explorer
    February 2004 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (832894)
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-004.asp

    On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 00:07:36 -0000, in
    <c1e4k9$1gbmf7$-berlin.de>
    unme scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 24, 2004
  4. unme

    anthonyberet Guest

    unme wrote:
    > Something has messed up my settings re my newsgroups. Previously they
    > downloaded with each thread grouped together with a + sign at the
    > side.
    >
    > Now they download & each single message is visible.
    >
    > Is there a setting I can use to put things back to the previous
    > method. I am using XP Home with Outlook Express 6.

    Go to tools>options>read tab.
    untick "expand grouped messages".

    anthonyberet, Feb 24, 2004
  5. unme

    unme Guest

    Thanks guys

    Thanks to those who replied, things are now normal again.

    Cheers

    unme, Feb 24, 2004