Newsgroup Messagea Not Automatically Downloading

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Shaun, Jun 19, 2010.

  1. Shaun

    Shaun Guest

    Subject line says it all.

    After upgrading to Tbird 3.5, NG messages have to be manually
    downloaded. I don't see any setting to auto-download. Am I missing it?
    Shaun, Jun 19, 2010

  2. Shaun

    Shaun Guest

    On 6/19/10 4:25 PM, Shaun wrote:
    > Subject line says it all.
    >
    > After upgrading to Tbird 3.5, NG messages have to be manually
    > downloaded. I don't see any setting to auto-download. Am I missing it?

    Make that 3.0.5.....
    Shaun, Jun 19, 2010

  3. On 20/06/10 06:26, Shaun wrote:
    > On 6/19/10 4:25 PM, Shaun wrote:
    >> Subject line says it all.
    >>
    >> After upgrading to Tbird 3.5, NG messages have to be manually
    >> downloaded. I don't see any setting to auto-download. Am I missing it?

    > Make that 3.0.5.....

    Do you mean headers, or bodies?

    --
    Worth viewing:-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptccZze7VxQ
    Polly the Parrot, Jun 20, 2010
  4. Shaun

    Shaun Guest

    On 6/19/10 10:56 PM, Polly the Parrot wrote:
    > On 20/06/10 06:26, Shaun wrote:
    >> On 6/19/10 4:25 PM, Shaun wrote:
    >>> Subject line says it all.
    >>>
    >>> After upgrading to Tbird 3.5, NG messages have to be manually
    >>> downloaded. I don't see any setting to auto-download. Am I missing it?

    >> Make that 3.0.5.....

    > Do you mean headers, or bodies?

    Headers.
    Shaun, Jun 20, 2010
  5. On 21/06/10 00:09, Shaun wrote:
    > On 6/19/10 10:56 PM, Polly the Parrot wrote:

    >>> Make that 3.0.5.....

    >> Do you mean headers, or bodies?
    >>

    > Headers.

    OK, got it now.

    Not sure what you mean by auto-download, but in my case I select the
    news-server name in the folders pane, and click on "Get Mail".. Works
    for me.

    Polly the Parrot, Jun 20, 2010
  6. Shaun

    Shaun Guest

    On 6/20/10 5:20 PM, Polly the Parrot wrote:
    > On 21/06/10 00:09, Shaun wrote:

    >>> Do you mean headers, or bodies?
    >>>

    >> Headers.

    > OK, got it now.
    >
    > Not sure what you mean by auto-download, but in my case I select the
    > news-server name in the folders pane, and click on "Get Mail".. Works
    > for me.

    Yeah, that'll work. But before the upgrade, when I opened the program,
    the headers would automatically download without me doing anything.

    I know, I know--- how lazy can you get ;-)
    Shaun, Jun 20, 2010
  7. On 21/06/10 07:48, Shaun wrote:
    > On 6/20/10 5:20 PM, Polly the Parrot wrote:

    >>> Headers.

    >> OK, got it now.
    >>
    >> Not sure what you mean by auto-download, but in my case I select the
    >> news-server name in the folders pane, and click on "Get Mail".. Works
    >> for me.
    >>

    > Yeah, that'll work. But before the upgrade, when I opened the program,
    > the headers would automatically download without me doing anything.
    >
    > I know, I know--- how lazy can you get ;-)

    Sort of works here like that as well, now you mention it.

    Click on a newsgroup name and the headers do download.

    Maybe you connection is not up when you open Thunderbird?

    Polly the Parrot, Jun 21, 2010