Newsgroup killfiles

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by HellPopeHuey, Jul 15, 2006.

  1. HellPopeHuey

    HellPopeHuey Guest

    I "upgraded" to Mozilla 1.7.13 because I prefer its newsgroup surface
    to that of Thunderbird. However, I have found that there is no "Mark as
    Read" or "Delete" feature clearly presented in the Filter box, as there
    was on previous versions. I can't seem to keep from seeing posts from
    known pests, even when I enter their addresses in what USED to be the
    right place. Could one of you please point me to that area for this
    version? I'm probably overlooking that one small place that would make
    it fly properly and need a pointer. Thanks.

    --

    HellPope Huey
    Simple Simon met a Pie man going to the fair.

    A reputation once broken may possibly be repaired,
    but the world will always keep their eyes
    on the spot where the crack was.
    ~ Joseph Hall

    So, is mainlining dog testosterone
    working out well for you then?
    ~ Saint Joe Cosby
    HellPopeHuey, Jul 15, 2006

  2. HellPopeHuey

    gwtc Guest

    HellPopeHuey wrote:
    > I "upgraded" to Mozilla 1.7.13 because I prefer its newsgroup surface
    > to that of Thunderbird. However, I have found that there is no "Mark as
    > Read" or "Delete" feature clearly presented in the Filter box, as there
    > was on previous versions. I can't seem to keep from seeing posts from
    > known pests, even when I enter their addresses in what USED to be the
    > right place. Could one of you please point me to that area for this
    > version? I'm probably overlooking that one small place that would make
    > it fly properly and need a pointer. Thanks.
    >
    > --

    are you looking at the message filters from within a email or
    newsgroup mode? If newsgroup, then they're there, I see them:

    "Mark the message as read"
    "Delete the message"
    "Ignore thread"
    and "watch thread"

    And one other thing. Would you fix your sig line delimiter. It
    should be dash dask space [-- ]. Thanks

    --
    So, You Think You Know Everything?

    Did you know that Maine is the only U.S. state whose name is just one
    syllable.
    gwtc, Jul 15, 2006

  3. HellPopeHuey

    gwtc Guest

    gwtc, Jul 15, 2006
  4. HellPopeHuey

    HellPopeHuey Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > HellPopeHuey wrote:
    >
    >> I "upgraded" to Mozilla 1.7.13 because I prefer its newsgroup
    >> surface to that of Thunderbird. However, I have found that there is no
    >> box, as there was on previous versions. I can't seem to keep from
    >> seeing posts from known pests, even when I enter their addresses in
    >> what USED to be the right place. Could one of you please point me to
    >> that area for this version? I'm probably overlooking that one small
    >> place that would make it fly properly and need a pointer. Thanks.
    >>
    >> --

    > are you looking at the message filters from within a email or newsgroup
    > mode? If newsgroup, then they're there, I see them:
    > > "Mark the message as read"

    > "Delete the message"
    > "Ignore thread"
    > and "watch thread"

    No, there is something missing (or placed elsewhere) in this version.
    Where it says "Create Filter from Message," WHERE is that auto-"delete
    this message" aspect? It popped up on the previous version and is now
    gone or moved. Everything else is still as it was. Argh.

    > And one other thing. Would you fix your sig line delimiter. It should
    > be dash dask space [-- ]. Thanks

    Oops, left that all-important space out. Got it.

    HellPopeHuey, Jul 16, 2006
  5. HellPopeHuey

    HellPopeHuey Guest

    HellPopeHuey, Jul 16, 2006
  6. HellPopeHuey wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> HellPopeHuey wrote:
    >>
    >>> I "upgraded" to Mozilla 1.7.13 because I prefer its newsgroup
    >>> surface to that of Thunderbird. However, I have found that there is
    >>> no "Mark as Read" or "Delete" feature clearly presented in the Filter
    >>> box, as there was on previous versions. I can't seem to keep from
    >>> seeing posts from known pests, even when I enter their addresses in
    >>> what USED to be the right place. Could one of you please point me to
    >>> that area for this version? I'm probably overlooking that one small
    >>> place that would make it fly properly and need a pointer. Thanks.
    >>>
    >>> --

    >> are you looking at the message filters from within a email or
    >> newsgroup mode? If newsgroup, then they're there, I see them:
    >> > "Mark the message as read"

    >> "Delete the message"
    >> "Ignore thread"
    >> and "watch thread"

    > No, there is something missing (or placed elsewhere) in this version.
    > Where it says "Create Filter from Message," WHERE is that auto-"delete
    > this message" aspect? It popped up on the previous version and is now
    > gone or moved. Everything else is still as it was. Argh.
    >
    >> And one other thing. Would you fix your sig line delimiter. It
    >> should be dash dask space [-- ]. Thanks

    > Oops, left that all-important space out. Got it.

    No, your sig file is still showing up on quotes, its not fixed. The sig
    is much too long anyway. 4 lines is about the max normally for a sig.

    In any case, the line you are looking for is there

    Message-->Create Filter from Message
    when you click on that, the
    Delete Message becomes the default action in the
    'Perform these Actions' box in the filter creation dialogue
    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Jul 16, 2006

    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Jul 16, 2006
  8. HellPopeHuey

    HellPopeHuey Guest

    Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > HellPopeHuey wrote:
    >
    >> Oops, left that all-important space out. Got it.

    > is much too long anyway. 4 lines is about the max normally for a sig.

    Sorry. I am too abnormal to worry about it.

    > In any case, the line you are looking for is there
    >> Message-->Create Filter from Message

    > when you click on that, the
    > Delete Message becomes the default action in the
    > 'Perform these Actions' box in the filter creation dialogue

    Ah! Its become the DEFAULT action. It used to be a separate selection.
    Makes perfect sense. I re-set things and it seems to have awakened to do
    its duty. Thanks.

    HellPopeHuey, Jul 16, 2006
  9. HellPopeHuey

    HellPopeHuey Guest