    pinpointed OE as the problem, the server works fine with this particular
    group (rgp) on a different reader. What could be the problem where OE is not
    downloading all the posts? Could it be deleting some due to security issues?

    slownut, Oct 3, 2004

  2. slownut

    °Mike° Guest

    Tools / Options / Read ... News.
    Change or uncheck 'Get [xx] headers at a time'.

    On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 12:58:06 -0400, in
    <>
    slownut scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 3, 2004

  3. slownut

    slownut Guest

    i have it set to the max, 1000, still have gaps

    slownut, Oct 3, 2004
  4. slownut

    °Mike° Guest

    If there are more than 1,000 headers then you
    will STILL have problems, that's why I said "or
    uncheck it", which will set NO restriction on the
    number of headers downloaded.

    On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 13:25:43 -0400, in
    <>
    slownut scrawled:

    °Mike°, Oct 3, 2004
  5. slownut

    pcbutts1 Guest

    You do not have it set to max. Uncheck the box then you will get all
    headers.

    pcbutts1, Oct 3, 2004
  6. slownut

    slownut Guest

    ok, downloaded all messages (41,628), and at 3pm the group shows a reply
    made to a message. In the reply is the time and date that the original post
    was made, 10/3 10:11 am. That original post does not show up in Outlook Only
    the reply..

    slownut, Oct 3, 2004
  7. slownut

    °Mike° Guest

    Check your rules.

    On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 16:47:22 -0400, in
    <>
    slownut scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 3, 2004
  8. slownut

    slownut Guest

    thanks for th ehelp-i found out the bonehead thing i did to muss things up
    for me. i blocked some senders who had generic e mail addresses, anonymous@
    addresses. mystery solved, thanks for the help

    slownut, Oct 3, 2004
  9. slownut

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.