    before I buy them.

    Steve "currently enthralled with the 1930's Schnabel recordings of the
    Beethoven sonatas" Freides
    Steve Freides, Jan 5, 2004

  2. Steve Freides

    Boomer Guest

    "Steve Freides" <> wrote in
    news:btcil2$5lka5$-berlin.de:

    > Is there a newsgroup where people discuss things like the pro's
    > and con's of various recordings of a particular Beethoven piano
    > sonata? I'm a former full-time classical musician who, after
    > overdosing on music as college professor, is getting back into it
    > again and would love to discuss things like this with other
    > interested parties with the goal of, among other things, learning
    > about which recordings are out there and which I might like before
    > I buy them.
    >
    > Steve "currently enthralled with the 1930's Schnabel recordings of
    > the Beethoven sonatas" Freides

    rec.music.classical maybe?

    YOu can search your groups list or search here
    http://www.google.com/grphp
    Boomer, Jan 5, 2004

  3. Steve Freides

    Boomer Guest

    "Steve Freides" <> wrote in

    > Is there a newsgroup where people discuss things like the pro's
    > and con's of various recordings of a particular Beethoven piano
    > sonata? I'm a former full-time classical musician who, after
    > overdosing on music as college professor, is getting back into it
    > again and would love to discuss things like this with other
    > interested parties with the goal of, among other things, learning
    > about which recordings are out there and which I might like before
    > I buy them.
    >
    > Steve "currently enthralled with the 1930's Schnabel recordings of
    > the Beethoven sonatas" Freides

    Another: rec.music.classical.recordings
    Boomer, Jan 5, 2004
  4. Steve Freides

    Shel-hed Guest

    Boomer gave you a good start, so I'll just add...
    Make sure that you lurk for a month or so before posting.
    You have been warned!!!

    On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 15:49:28 -0500, "Steve Freides" <> wrote
    in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >Is there a newsgroup where people discuss things like the pro's and con's of
    >various recordings of a particular Beethoven piano sonata?

    <chop>
    Shel-hed, Jan 5, 2004
  5. "Shel-hed" <> wrote in message

    > Boomer gave you a good start, so I'll just add...
    > Make sure that you lurk for a month or so before posting.
    > You have been warned!!!

    Why?

    -S-
    http://www.kbnj.com

    Steve Freides, Jan 5, 2004
  6. Steve Freides

    Boomer Guest

    Shel-hed <> wrote in

    > Boomer gave you a good start, so I'll just add...
    > Make sure that you lurk for a month or so before posting.
    > You have been warned!!!

    You made me go look at both groups.
    Hmmmm... rec.music.classical.recordings isn't bad.

    Boomer, Jan 5, 2004
  7. Steve Freides

    Boomer Guest

    "Steve Freides" <> wrote in

    > "Shel-hed" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    >>
    >> Boomer gave you a good start, so I'll just add...
    >> Make sure that you lurk for a month or so before posting.
    >> You have been warned!!!

    > Why?
    >
    > -S-
    > http://www.kbnj.com

    It's always a good idea to lurk at any group for awhile.

    Boomer, Jan 5, 2004
  8. Steve Freides

    Shel-hed Guest

    On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 16:12:11 -0500, "Steve Freides" <> wrote
    in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >"Shel-hed" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Boomer gave you a good start, so I'll just add...
    >> Make sure that you lurk for a month or so before posting.
    >> You have been warned!!!

    >Why?
    >
    >-S-
    >http://www.kbnj.com

    Because it's the thing to do. If there was ever a time, it's in them thar groops.
    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/music/classical/newsgroups/

    You should really fix your sig with a proper delimiter
    "-- " (dash dash space), or maybe adding it in at the top of the sig manually will
    work.
    Shel-hed, Jan 5, 2004