    bombarding ones favorite newsgroups? Are there any filters to keep this
    type of crap out?

    Thanks in advance for a response.

    TBamaGirl, Sep 27, 2003

  2. TBamaGirl

    Boomer Guest

    TBamaGirl wrote:

    > How does one make a complaint about crappy sexual content
    > continually bombarding ones favorite newsgroups? Are there any
    > filters to keep this type of crap out?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for a response.

    Read the headers to find the ISP and then send the full message(s) to
    that ISP.

    Sorry I can't help with the OE filters.

    Boomer, Sep 27, 2003

  3. TBamaGirl

    lsj7 Guest

    TBamaGirl wrote:
    > How does one make a complaint about crappy sexual content continually
    > bombarding ones favorite newsgroups? Are there any filters to keep
    > this type of crap out?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for a response.

    abuse reported to

    Hi neighbor..from Gadsden

    From: "TBamaGirl" <>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: Newsgroup complaints?
    Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 15:13:14 GMT

    lol

    --
    lsj7

    "Germany is sheerly swallowed up by the merchants and companies, by
    means of usury. Usury lives all secure in Germany, and rages as if he
    were God and lord in all lands; no one may oppose him."
    _____________Martin Luther

    lsj7, Sep 27, 2003
  4. TBamaGirl

    Brian H¹© Guest

    TBamaGirl said:

    > How does one make a complaint about crappy sexual content continually
    > bombarding ones favorite newsgroups? Are there any filters to keep this
    > type of crap out?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for a response.

    Ask the poster politely to post better quality sexual content.

    Brian H¹©, Sep 27, 2003
  5. TBamaGirl

    Mcploppy © Guest

    Brian H¹© bashed at the keyboard and said :

    > TBamaGirl said:
    >
    >> How does one make a complaint about crappy sexual content continually
    >> bombarding ones favorite newsgroups? Are there any filters to keep
    >> this type of crap out?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for a response.

    > Ask the poster politely to post better quality sexual content.

    :)

    Mcploppy ©, Sep 27, 2003

    Go to this website to make your complaint: http://tinyurl.com/ow9l

    Sir William F. Buchanon IV, Sep 27, 2003
  7. TBamaGirl

    lsj7 Guest

    TBamaGirl wrote:
    > How does one make a complaint about crappy sexual content continually
    > bombarding ones favorite newsgroups? Are there any filters to keep
    > this type of crap out?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for a response.

    Don't click on william f. 's link.....

    lsj7, Sep 27, 2003
  8. TBamaGirl

    Richard Guest

    TBamaGirl wrote:

    > How does one make a complaint about crappy sexual content continually
    > bombarding ones favorite newsgroups? Are there any filters to keep
    > this
    > type of crap out?

    > Thanks in advance for a response.

    OE does have rules spefically for news groups. But it will effect ALL
    newsgroups, not just one.
    You can try setting up a rule to block any over a certain size, from an
    individual person if they continously post, or by addy, or even by subject
    matter.
    "floods" are generally done with autoposters and those can be easily
    filtered out.

    Richard, Sep 28, 2003
  9. TBamaGirl

    lsj7 Guest

    lsj7 wrote:
    > TBamaGirl wrote:
    >> How does one make a complaint about crappy sexual content continually
    >> bombarding ones favorite newsgroups? Are there any filters to keep
    >> this type of crap out?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for a response.

    > abuse reported to
    >

    > Hi neighbor..from Gadsden

    bigbe1!bigfeed.bellsouth.net!news.bellsouth.net!news-east.rr.com!news-west.r

    r.com!news.rr.com!cyclone.tampabay.rr.com!news-post.tampabay.rr.com!twister.
    > tampabay.rr.com.POSTED!53ab2750!not-for-mail
    > From: "TBamaGirl" <>
    > Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > Subject: Newsgroup complaints?
    > Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 15:13:14 GMT
    >

    > lol

    Razorbacks 34, Alabama 31 in overtime.....Great game!!

    lsj7, Sep 28, 2003
  10. TBamaGirl

    Petit Alexi Guest

    "Richard" <anom@anom> wrote in news::

    > OE does have rules spefically for news groups. But it will effect ALL
    > newsgroups, not just one.

    Can any OE users confirm or deny this? ISTR the OE could apply rules to
    individual newsgroups, or all of them.

    Petit Alexi, Sep 28, 2003
  11. TBamaGirl

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Petit Alexi tried to scribble ...

    > "Richard" <anom@anom> wrote in news::
    >
    >> OE does have rules spefically for news groups. But it will effect ALL
    >> newsgroups, not just one.

    > Can any OE users confirm or deny this? ISTR the OE could apply rules
    > to individual newsgroups, or all of them.

    There is a rule for 'where the message is from specified newsgroup' ..
    though I can't confirm how well it works as I've never used the rule
    specifically .. ;)

    --
    Our old car for Auction http://tinyurl.com/osdj

    Paul - xxx, Sep 28, 2003