    subscribers, so make sure you sign up now as i know, that their wwill be
    some great financial incentives to go along with the all round great sevice.

    Watch out for th epress releases in the next 2 weeks

    SK, Sep 8, 2005

  2. SK

    DMac Guest

    I can just imagine all the spam this is going to generate...

    DMac, Sep 9, 2005

  3. SK

    AD C Guest

    In article <mr2Ue.2663$>,
    says...
    > I have it on extremely good authority after just coming off a 3 hour call on
    > one of my numerous vonage lines to an associate in New Yorkthat they will
    > shortly be announcing a great referal scheme for existing UK based
    > subscribers, so make sure you sign up now as i know, that their wwill be
    > some great financial incentives to go along with the all round great sevice.
    >
    > Watch out for th epress releases in the next 2 weeks

    Cobblers to that, vonage is too expensive and if you are involved with
    it, I would not touch Vonage with a barge pole.

    AD C, Sep 9, 2005
  4. On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 21:55:30 GMT, "SK" <>
    wrote:

    >I have it on extremely good authority after just coming off a 3 hour call on
    >one of my numerous vonage lines to an associate in New Yorkthat they will
    >shortly be announcing a great referal scheme for existing UK based
    >subscribers, so make sure you sign up now as i know, that their wwill be
    >some great financial incentives to go along with the all round great sevice.

    This was pritty much on the cards. Probably a result of poor takeup
    in the UK based on their current advertising.

    Andrew.
    My Email: use <andrew at hodgsonfamily dot org>.

    Andrew Hodgson, Sep 9, 2005
  5. SK

    Guest

    On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 19:00:41 +0100, Andrew Hodgson <>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 21:55:30 GMT, "SK" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I have it on extremely good authority after just coming off a 3 hour call on
    >>one of my numerous vonage lines to an associate in New Yorkthat they will
    >>shortly be announcing a great referal scheme for existing UK based
    >>subscribers, so make sure you sign up now as i know, that their wwill be
    >>some great financial incentives to go along with the all round great sevice.

    >This was pritty much on the cards. Probably a result of poor takeup
    >in the UK based on their current advertising.

    Advertising what advertising I haven't seen any !.

    , Sep 9, 2005
  6. SK

    Paul Cupis Guest

    wrote:
    > On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 19:00:41 +0100, Andrew Hodgson <>
    > wrote:
    >>On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 21:55:30 GMT, "SK" <>
    >>wrote:
    >>>I have it on extremely good authority after just coming off a 3 hour call on
    >>>one of my numerous vonage lines to an associate in New Yorkthat they will
    >>>shortly be announcing a great referal scheme for existing UK based
    >>>subscribers, so make sure you sign up now as i know, that their wwill be
    >>>some great financial incentives to go along with the all round great sevice.

    >>This was pritty much on the cards. Probably a result of poor takeup
    >>in the UK based on their current advertising.

    > Advertising what advertising I haven't seen any !.

    Very dodgy radio advertising at least, I don't know about other mediums.

    Paul Cupis, Sep 9, 2005
  7. SK

    Guest

    On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 19:55:35 +0100, Paul Cupis <>
    wrote:

    >Very dodgy radio advertising at least, I don't know about other mediums.

    That explains it then I think the last time I listened to the radio
    for more than a couple of minutes was when Jimmy Young was doing his
    program on radio 2 .

    , Sep 9, 2005
  8. SK

    AD C Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > >>I have it on extremely good authority after just coming off a 3 hour call on
    > >>one of my numerous vonage lines to an associate in New Yorkthat they will
    > >>shortly be announcing a great referal scheme for existing UK based
    > >>subscribers, so make sure you sign up now as i know, that their wwill be
    > >>some great financial incentives to go along with the all round great sevice.

    > >This was pritty much on the cards. Probably a result of poor takeup
    > >in the UK based on their current advertising.

    > Advertising what advertising I haven't seen any !.

    Exactly. the only advertising I see is some adverts on a few websites I
    visit. they only appear for a few seconds, until my ad blocker cuts in
    and knocks them out.

    AD C, Sep 9, 2005
  9. SK

    Guest

    On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 20:22:14 +0100, AD C <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...

    >> >This was pritty much on the cards. Probably a result of poor takeup
    >> >in the UK based on their current advertising.

    >> Advertising what advertising I haven't seen any !.
    >>

    >Exactly. the only advertising I see is some adverts on a few websites I
    >visit. they only appear for a few seconds, until my ad blocker cuts in
    >and knocks them out.

    I see very very few on TV the programs on ITV etc that we like to
    watch are all recorded and watched later then all the adds can be
    zapped through on the recorder .

    , Sep 9, 2005
  10. SK

    DMac Guest

    Probably a result of poor takeup
    > in the UK based on their current advertising.

    more like based on their monthly subscription / call charges etc

    DMac, Sep 10, 2005
  11. SK

    AD C Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > >Exactly. the only advertising I see is some adverts on a few websites I
    > >visit. they only appear for a few seconds, until my ad blocker cuts in
    > >and knocks them out.

    > I see very very few on TV the programs on ITV etc that we like to
    > watch are all recorded and watched later then all the adds can be
    > zapped through on the recorder .

    I see lots of adverts, having Sky it is something you get used to. But I
    have not seen any vonage adverts.

    AD C, Sep 10, 2005
  12. Paul Westwell, Sep 11, 2005
  13. "DMac" <> wrote in message
    > Probably a result of poor takeup
    >> in the UK based on their current advertising.

    > more like based on their monthly subscription / call charges etc

    £9.99 per month for unlimited UK calls is excellent value when compared to
    BT.

    It might not be as cheap (or free) as others but then you do tend to get
    what you pay for :)

    Paul Westwell, Sep 11, 2005
  14. SK

    Guest

    On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 10:17:53 GMT, "Paul Westwell" <>
    wrote:

    >It might not be as cheap (or free) as others but then you do tend to get
    >what you pay for :)

    But some people seem to like using a service who's voice mail language
    isn't English Paul but who cares I am more than happy to pay my 67
    pence a day inclusive of BT line rental to have the piece of mind of
    knowing that I have a cheap and 100% reliable telecom service .
    Like you say Paul pay cheap or nothing and you get the same in return.

    , Sep 11, 2005
  15. SK

    Peter Guest

    Paul Westwell <> wrote:
    [...]
    > £9.99 per month for unlimited UK calls is excellent value when
    > compared to BT.

    It's only excellent value if you would have spent £9.99 on calls in
    the first place.

    --
    PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger for full key
    /:.*posting.google.com.*/HX-Trace:+j

    Peter, Sep 12, 2005
  16. SK

    Guest

    On 12 Sep 2005 13:22:10 GMT, (Peter) wrote:

    >Paul Westwell <> wrote:
    >[...]
    >> £9.99 per month for unlimited UK calls is excellent value when
    >> compared to BT.

    >It's only excellent value if you would have spent £9.99 on calls in
    >the first place.

    60 odd pence aday including BT line rental IS excellent value I have
    spent around 65 minutes on the phone today so far and I have about
    another four calls to make yet .

    , Sep 12, 2005
  17. SK

    Ad C Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > 60 odd pence aday including BT line rental IS excellent value I have
    > spent around 65 minutes on the phone today so far and I have about
    > another four calls to make yet .

    Only if you are going to use that much or more in calls.
    Since most of my phone calls are in the evening and weekends, to which I
    only have to pay 5p per call, for up to 90 minutes. A couple of people I
    phone a lot is using the same phone supplier as myself, so I can phone
    them any time of day and night and not pay a penny

    So 60p a day you not be exellent value for me and with more and more
    land line phone suppliers, giving the same sort of service as mine, 60p
    a day would not be great value to most of them either.

    Ad C, Sep 13, 2005
  18. SK

    StudMuffin Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:00:45 +0100, Ad C

    60p is ook all loll savings of over 600 quid a month on vonage with us
    here, now all we pay is 18.99 for the 6 lines we have with vonage .

    StudMuffin, Sep 13, 2005
  19. SK

    Guest

    wrote:

    >So 60p a day you not be exellent value for me and with more and more
    >land line phone suppliers, giving the same sort of service as mine, 60p
    >a day would not be great value to most of them either.

    I you cannot afford 60p a day inclusive of all UK and Irish
    geographical calls then you should not be having a phone service at
    all I certainly do not give 60 p a day a second thought, daily rates
    have got to get over a pound before I start having second thoughts.

    , Sep 13, 2005
  20. SK

    Ad C Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > >So 60p a day you not be exellent value for me and with more and more
    > >land line phone suppliers, giving the same sort of service as mine, 60p
    > >a day would not be great value to most of them either.

    > I you cannot afford 60p a day inclusive of all UK and Irish
    > geographical calls then you should not be having a phone service at
    > all I certainly do not give 60 p a day a second thought, daily rates
    > have got to get over a pound before I start having second thoughts.

    Now you are putting words into my mouth, or you would be if we was
    talking. I did not say I could not afford it, I said I did not find it
    exellent value, whichb it would not be, since I would not even use that
    amount in calls per day, and a lot of people are in the same position.

    Ad C, Sep 13, 2005