News: We now have 64-Bit iMacs

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Andre Da Costa [ActiveWin], Sep 6, 2006.

  1. Andre Da Costa [ActiveWin], Sep 6, 2006

  2. Re: We now have 64-Bit iMacs

    64bit computing will not come to OS/X until Leopard. The Core 2 Duo can be
    retrofitted on all of the already released Core Duo Macs (with a firmware
    update). Availability has not been announced.

    Colin Barnhorst, Sep 6, 2006

  3. Re: We now have 64-Bit iMacs

    Don't. Apple has to write x64 drivers for their hardware first and I doubt
    that will happen before Leopard releases, if then. The Mac Drivers for XP
    that downloads with the Boot Camp 1.1 software don't work except in XP SP2.
    Macs don't have eject buttons on their optical drives and the Eject key on
    the keyboard doesn't work under Windows without the keyboard driver, etc.,
    etc.

    Colin Barnhorst, Sep 6, 2006
  4. Andre Da Costa [ActiveWin]

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 12:51:53 -0500, "Andre Da Costa [ActiveWin]"
    <> wrote:

    >Hey everyone, I guess there is nothing holding us back from really buying a
    >Mac now. :)

    First I have to see a 64-bit version of Shake, and Bootcamp should run
    XP64. Then I will get excited :))

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Sep 6, 2006
  5. Re: We now have 64-Bit iMacs

    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 6, 2006
  6. Apple is planning to replace Shake with a new product in 2008.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 6, 2006