    parental control.
    Thanks.
    Jim.

    JWM, Apr 3, 2005

  2. Chiron Paixos, Apr 3, 2005

  3. JWM

    Gordon Guest

    JWM wrote:
    > I have been using "individual .net" for my news server for the last couple
    > of years as it is a non binary server and free.
    > It stopped working on 1st April as it is apparently not free any more.
    > Can anyone recommend a free non binary news server or alternatively one with
    > parental control.
    > Thanks.
    > Jim.

    Come on, its TEN Euros a *YEAR*! That's £6.86 or $12.90 at current
    rates. That's 13p or 23c PER WEEK!

    Gordon, Apr 3, 2005
  4. JWM

    Guest Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > JWM wrote:
    >> I have been using "individual .net" for my news server for the last
    >> couple of years as it is a non binary server and free.
    >> It stopped working on 1st April as it is apparently not free any
    >> more.
    >> Can anyone recommend a free non binary news server or alternatively
    >> one with parental control.
    >> Thanks.
    >> Jim.

    > Come on, its TEN Euros a *YEAR*! That's £6.86 or $12.90 at current
    > rates. That's 13p or 23c PER WEEK!

    Didn't they used to have a maximum daily quota of 100 posts per day when
    their service was free? Do they still impose that max-post-per-day
    quota now that they are a paid service? I visit over 20 groups which
    means that I couldn't post more than 5 messages per group on average.

    ** Post your replies to the newsgroup - Share with others **
    For e-mail Reply: remove "NIXTHIS", add "#VS811" to Subject.

    Guest, Apr 3, 2005
  5. JWM

    Gordon Guest

    Vanguard wrote:
    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> JWM wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have been using "individual .net" for my news server for the last
    >>> couple of years as it is a non binary server and free.
    >>> It stopped working on 1st April as it is apparently not free any more.
    >>> Can anyone recommend a free non binary news server or alternatively
    >>> one with parental control.
    >>> Thanks.
    >>> Jim.

    >> Come on, its TEN Euros a *YEAR*! That's £6.86 or $12.90 at current
    >> rates. That's 13p or 23c PER WEEK!

    > Didn't they used to have a maximum daily quota of 100 posts per day when
    > their service was free? Do they still impose that max-post-per-day
    > quota now that they are a paid service? I visit over 20 groups which
    > means that I couldn't post more than 5 messages per group on average.

    Well there's nothing on their website that I can see about that - the
    only restriction I can see is one of post size - 100kb!

    Gordon, Apr 3, 2005
  6. <Vanguard> wrote:
    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >> JWM wrote:
    >>> I have been using "individual .net" for my news server for the last
    >>> couple of years as it is a non binary server and free.
    >>> It stopped working on 1st April as it is apparently not free any
    >>> more.
    >>> Can anyone recommend a free non binary news server or alternatively
    >>> one with parental control.
    >>> Thanks.
    >>> Jim.

    >> Come on, its TEN Euros a *YEAR*! That's £6.86 or $12.90 at current
    >> rates. That's 13p or 23c PER WEEK!

    > Didn't they used to have a maximum daily quota of 100 posts per day when
    > their service was free? Do they still impose that max-post-per-day

    Not that I know of; no.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 3, 2005
  7. JWM

    elaich Guest

    Gordon <> wrote in

    > Come on, its TEN Euros a *YEAR*! That's £6.86 or $12.90 at current
    > rates. That's 13p or 23c PER WEEK!

    I paid the $12.90 ($1.08 a month) last night and am back to not worrying
    about my news service. I tried all the free ones I found listed here and
    other places (aioe.org, sunsite, x-privat) and they were all slow as
    molasses and unreliable.

    Free is great, but so is dependability.

    Reactivating my n.i.n account took less than 5 minutes and access was
    instant.

    elaich, Apr 3, 2005
  8. JWM

    cluedweasel Guest

    http://cust.readfreenews.net/register.php

    cluedweasel, Apr 3, 2005
  9. JWM

    Guest Guest

    This is free for text based messages

    http://www.x-privat.org

    --
    "hater"

    Considered the opposite of a raver, a hater is a person who is: full of
    hate, very judgmental, negative, sarcastic, depressing, manipulating, quick
    to finger point at every little thing they find unsatisfactory or not to
    their liking or perceived standard (judgmental).

    Often the subject of the hatred is something widely liked by the hater's
    social circle. The hater often proves the addage that "misery loves
    company", and tries to ruin the enjoyment of others. Haters might see
    themselves as iconoclasts, rebels or even as being wiser/more authentic than
    the admirers of the subject. However, they are more likely just cynical and
    bitter about not enjoying the subject, or not being a part of the larger
    group. Instead of recognizing that it may be just a matter of personal taste
    or preference, they attack the subject and those enjoy it. Typically the
    things they propose as the flaws of the subject are trivial or subjective,
    and reveal more about the hater than any real flaws of the subject.

    The hater/raver terminology might have evolved from the rave subculture, but
    both terms can applied to just about any human endeavor or interest. Every
    band, movie, cause, activity, flavor or what have you, has its ravers and
    haters.

    The most insulting and offending word to a raver is not "fucker", but
    "hater".

    Guest, Apr 4, 2005