    Any others that are worth a look? Windows Platform please.

    Thanks
    EAgle

    EAgle, Dec 15, 2003

  2. EAgle

    Steve Guest

    EAgle wrote:

    > I'm bored so I thought it might be time to checkout some of the other News
    > Readers out there. I've been using OE for a long time and wish to try a few
    > others to see what they feel like. any suggestions?
    > I'm already in the process of trying out Thunderbird so don't suggest that.
    > Any others that are worth a look? Windows Platform please.
    >
    > Thanks
    > EAgle

    I'm using Mozilla 1.5 tonight, but I usually use either Pan or KNode.

    Steve, Dec 15, 2003

  3. EAgle

    Enkidu Guest

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:55:01 +1300, "EAgle" <> wrote:

    >I'm bored so I thought it might be time to checkout some of the other News
    >Readers out there. I've been using OE for a long time and wish to try a few
    >others to see what they feel like. any suggestions?
    >I'm already in the process of trying out Thunderbird so don't suggest that.
    >Any others that are worth a look? Windows Platform please.

    I use Agent. I like it so much I paid for it.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    that the conspiracy is working.

    Enkidu, Dec 15, 2003
  4. EAgle

    Dumdedo Guest

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:55:01 +1300, "EAgle" <> wrote:

    >I'm bored so I thought it might be time to checkout some of the other News
    >Readers out there. I've been using OE for a long time and wish to try a few
    >others to see what they feel like. any suggestions?
    >I'm already in the process of trying out Thunderbird so don't suggest that.
    >Any others that are worth a look? Windows Platform please.
    >
    >Thanks
    >EAgle

    Try a Real News Reader, Xnews is now Free and so is Free Agent, but the Free
    Agent has things missing..

    Thunderbird is not a News Reader, its a Browser..

    Dumdedo, Dec 15, 2003
  5. EAgle

    Dumdedo Guest

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:05:28 +1300, Steve <> wrote:

    >EAgle wrote:
    >
    >> I'm bored so I thought it might be time to checkout some of the other News
    >> Readers out there. I've been using OE for a long time and wish to try a few
    >> others to see what they feel like. any suggestions?
    >> I'm already in the process of trying out Thunderbird so don't suggest that.
    >> Any others that are worth a look? Windows Platform please.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> EAgle

    >I'm using Mozilla 1.5 tonight, but I usually use either Pan or KNode.

    Yes but we are not all Lunix Idiots..

    Please post in the correct news group next time.

    Dumdedo, Dec 15, 2003
  6. EAgle

    Dumdedo Guest

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:09:17 +1300, Enkidu <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:55:01 +1300, "EAgle" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>I'm bored so I thought it might be time to checkout some of the other News
    >>Readers out there. I've been using OE for a long time and wish to try a few
    >>others to see what they feel like. any suggestions?
    >>I'm already in the process of trying out Thunderbird so don't suggest that.
    >>Any others that are worth a look? Windows Platform please.
    >>

    >I use Agent. I like it so much I paid for it.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Cliff

    Yes best thing since sliced bread.

    Dumdedo, Dec 15, 2003
  7. Dumdedo <> writes:

    > Yes but we are not all Lunix Idiots..

    Pan is also now available for Windows, and has been for some
    time. Mozilla, Thunderbird, Opera, slrn and GNUs are all free
    cross-platform newsreaders, as is Pan.

    --
    Registered Linux User 297164
    GPG Key ID 1B1B6A1D5A2407C3

    Max Quordlepleen, Dec 15, 2003
  8. EAgle

    Matthias Guest

    Dumdedo wrote:

    > Thunderbird is not a News Reader, its a Browser..

    Thunderbird *is* a news client. The web browser is Firebird.

    -- Matthias

    Matthias, Dec 15, 2003
  9. EAgle

    Matthias Guest

    Dumdedo wrote:

    > Yes but we are not all Lunix Idiots..

    In fact, the biggest idiot around here uses Windows...

    -- Matthias

    Matthias, Dec 15, 2003
  10. EAgle

    Lennier Guest

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:05:28 +1300, Steve wrote:

    > EAgle wrote:
    >
    >> I'm bored so I thought it might be time to checkout some of the other
    >> News Readers out there. I've been using OE for a long time and wish to
    >> try a few others to see what they feel like. any suggestions? I'm
    >> already in the process of trying out Thunderbird so don't suggest that.
    >> Any others that are worth a look? Windows Platform please.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> EAgle

    > I'm using Mozilla 1.5 tonight, but I usually use either Pan or KNode.

    Pan = good.

    Xnews = better once you get used to it.

    IMHO.

    Lennier

    Lennier, Dec 15, 2003
  11. EAgle

    T.N.O. Guest

    Dumarse wrote:
    > Thunderbird is not a News Reader, its a Browser..

    ummm no it's not, Thunderbird is a Mail and News Client, Firebird is a
    browser...

    T.N.O., Dec 15, 2003
  12. EAgle

    Rider Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > Dumarse wrote:
    > > Thunderbird is not a News Reader, its a Browser..

    > ummm no it's not, Thunderbird is a Mail and News Client, Firebird is a
    > browser...

    And here I was thinking Thunderbirds are GO!!!!

    Rider, Dec 15, 2003
  13. EAgle

    harry Guest

    EAgle wrote:
    > I'm bored so I thought it might be time to checkout some of the other
    > News Readers out there. I've been using OE for a long time and wish
    > to try a few others to see what they feel like. any suggestions?
    > I'm already in the process of trying out Thunderbird so don't suggest
    > that. Any others that are worth a look? Windows Platform please.
    >
    > Thanks
    > EAgle

    Just add OE Quotefix to OE and its a lot better

    harry, Dec 15, 2003
  14. In article <brk0dp$u0q$>, says...
    > I'm bored so I thought it might be time to checkout some of the other News
    > Readers out there. I've been using OE for a long time and wish to try a few
    > others to see what they feel like. any suggestions?
    > I'm already in the process of trying out Thunderbird so don't suggest that.
    > Any others that are worth a look? Windows Platform please.
    >
    > Thanks
    > EAgle

    I prefer the layout of Gravity over Agent. Other than that, they are a
    good match on features.

    Gravity is no longer maintained/supported by the publishers, but one of
    the original coders made a sort of 'goodbye' version that can be found
    on the 'net.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Dec 15, 2003
  15. EAgle

    Tidds Guest

    "Rider" <> wrote in message

    > "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > > Dumarse wrote:
    > > > Thunderbird is not a News Reader, its a Browser..

    > > ummm no it's not, Thunderbird is a Mail and News Client, Firebird is a
    > > browser...
    > >

    > And here I was thinking Thunderbirds are GO!!!!

    YA TOO LATE. THUNDERBIRDS HAVE GONE!

    Tidds, Dec 15, 2003
  16. EAgle

    Kookaburra Guest

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:55:01 +1300, "EAgle" <> wrote:

    >I'm bored so I thought it might be time to checkout some of the other News
    >Readers out there. I've been using OE for a long time and wish to try a few
    >others to see what they feel like. any suggestions?
    >I'm already in the process of trying out Thunderbird so don't suggest that.
    >Any others that are worth a look? Windows Platform please.
    >
    >Thanks
    >EAgle

    I use Agent for USENET and Xnews for multiple servers.

    I've also tried 40Tude when it first came out and although it worked
    well with multi-servers, threading etc it was a huge download as I
    recall as opposed to Xnews.

    Cheers, Kooky

    Kookaburra, Dec 15, 2003
  17. EAgle

    samg Guest

    "EAgle" <> wrote in news:brk0dp$u0q$:

    > I'm bored so I thought it might be time to checkout some of the other
    > News Readers out there. I've been using OE for a long time and wish to
    > try a few others to see what they feel like. any suggestions?
    > I'm already in the process of trying out Thunderbird so don't suggest
    > that. Any others that are worth a look? Windows Platform please.
    >
    > Thanks
    > EAgle

    xnews

    http://xnews.newsguy.com/

    samg, Dec 15, 2003
  18. EAgle

    T.N.O. Guest

    Rider wrote:
    >>>Thunderbird is not a News Reader, its a Browser..

    >>ummm no it's not, Thunderbird is a Mail and News Client, Firebird is a
    >>browser...

    > And here I was thinking Thunderbirds are GO!!!!

    oh, but they are...
    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=12962

    T.N.O., Dec 15, 2003
  19. EAgle

    T.N.O. Guest

    T.N.O., Dec 15, 2003
  20. EAgle

    Kookaburra Guest

    On 16 Dec 2003 10:22:21 +1300, samg <> wrote:

    >"EAgle" <> wrote in news:brk0dp$u0q$:
    >
    >> I'm bored so I thought it might be time to checkout some of the other
    >> News Readers out there. I've been using OE for a long time and wish to
    >> try a few others to see what they feel like. any suggestions?
    >> I'm already in the process of trying out Thunderbird so don't suggest
    >> that. Any others that are worth a look? Windows Platform please.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> EAgle
    >>

    >xnews
    >
    >http://xnews.newsguy.com/

    and if do go for Xnews and want the XP icons the Guy's patches are now
    here.

    http://xnews-icon-patchers.bebto.com/patcher.html

    Cheers, Kooky

    Kookaburra, Dec 16, 2003