    would be very welcome.

    TIA

    Henry

    Henry, Aug 2, 2005

  2. Henry

    Max Wachtel Guest

    Henry <> wrote in
    news::

    > Can anyone recommend a simple to use newsreader please? Outlook
    > Express doesn't work on my pc despite all my efforts to repair it
    > so I installed Mozilla Thunderbird instead. This now doesn't work
    > either. I'm posting this using Agent but don't really like it. So
    > any ideas would be very welcome.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Henry

    I use Xnews. What is going on with OE and TB?
    Post back with details. Perhaps we can work it out.
    -max

    --
    Making Good Posts: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    Registered Linux User #393236

    Max Wachtel, Aug 2, 2005

  3. Henry

    Henry Guest

    On 02 Aug 2005 17:20:38 GMT, Max Wachtel <>
    wrote:

    >Henry <> wrote in
    >

    >> Can anyone recommend a simple to use newsreader please? Outlook
    >> Express doesn't work on my pc despite all my efforts to repair it
    >> so I installed Mozilla Thunderbird instead. This now doesn't work
    >> either. I'm posting this using Agent but don't really like it. So
    >> any ideas would be very welcome.
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> Henry
    >>

    >I use Xnews. What is going on with OE and TB?
    >Post back with details. Perhaps we can work it out.
    >-max

    Thank you, Max

    ..On Outlook Express I get the following message:

    Outlook Express could not be started. The application data was unable
    to create the font cache object. Your computer may be out of memory or
    your disk is full. Contract Microsoft support for further assistance
    (0x8007000E, 127)

    Closing that box brings up:

    Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be
    initializes. Outlook Express may not be installed.

    I gave up trying to repair Outlook Express as I use Outlook for e-mail
    and installed Thunderbird for newsgroups.

    Now whenever I open Thunderbird I get the following mesage:

    thunderbird.exe has encountered a problem and needs to be closed,
    followed by the MS Error report box.

    Uninstalling Thunderbird, cleaning the registry, & reinstalling brings
    up the ssame message.

    Hence my request for another news reader recommendation.

    Henry

    Henry, Aug 2, 2005
  4. Henry

    Max Wachtel Guest

    Henry <> wrote in

    > On 02 Aug 2005 17:20:38 GMT, Max Wachtel
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Henry <> wrote in
    >>

    >>> Can anyone recommend a simple to use newsreader please? Outlook
    >>> Express doesn't work on my pc despite all my efforts to repair
    >>> it so I installed Mozilla Thunderbird instead. This now doesn't
    >>> work either. I'm posting this using Agent but don't really like
    >>> it. So any ideas would be very welcome.
    >>>

    >>I use Xnews. What is going on with OE and TB?
    >>Post back with details. Perhaps we can work it out.
    >>-max

    > Thank you, Max
    >
    > .On Outlook Express I get the following message:
    > Outlook Express could not be started. The application data was
    > unable to create the font cache object. Your computer may be out
    > of memory or your disk is full. Contract Microsoft support for
    > further assistance (0x8007000E, 127)
    > Closing that box brings up:
    > Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be
    > initializes. Outlook Express may not be installed.
    > I gave up trying to repair Outlook Express as I use Outlook for
    > e-mail and installed Thunderbird for newsgroups.
    > Now whenever I open Thunderbird I get the following mesage:
    > thunderbird.exe has encountered a problem and needs to be closed,
    > followed by the MS Error report box.
    > Uninstalling Thunderbird, cleaning the registry, & reinstalling
    > brings up the ssame message.
    > Hence my request for another news reader recommendation.

    What are you using to clean up the registry?
    How much free space is there on your main drive?
    How much memory do you have?
    What version of windows are you using?
    Here is the link to Xnews http://xnews.newsguy.com/
    -max

    Max Wachtel, Aug 2, 2005
  5. Henry

    Guy Guest

    Outlook Express is a component of Internet Explorer.

    I think it would be best for you to figure out why Thunderbird and Outlook
    Express do not work on your system. Could it be a firewall/port or security
    setting issue with your connection? Are you a Linux user?

    Try XNews. As fars as free newsreaders go, it is reasonably simple to use.
    Just google XNEWS in your browser and you will get a lot of links.

    HTH!

    Guy

    Guy, Aug 3, 2005
  6. Henry

    Henry Guest

    On 02 Aug 2005 18:58:43 GMT, Max Wachtel <>
    wrote:

    >Henry <> wrote in
    >
    >> On 02 Aug 2005 17:20:38 GMT, Max Wachtel
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Henry <> wrote in

    >>>I use Xnews. What is going on with OE and TB?
    >>>Post back with details. Perhaps we can work it out.
    >>>-max

    >> Thank you, Max
    >>
    >> .On Outlook Express I get the following message:
    >> Outlook Express could not be started. The application data was
    >> unable to create the font cache object. Your computer may be out
    >> of memory or your disk is full. Contract Microsoft support for
    >> further assistance (0x8007000E, 127)
    >> Closing that box brings up:
    >> Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be
    >> initializes. Outlook Express may not be installed.
    >> I gave up trying to repair Outlook Express as I use Outlook for
    >> e-mail and installed Thunderbird for newsgroups.
    >> Now whenever I open Thunderbird I get the following mesage:
    >> thunderbird.exe has encountered a problem and needs to be closed,
    >> followed by the MS Error report box.
    >> Uninstalling Thunderbird, cleaning the registry, & reinstalling
    >> brings up the ssame message.
    >> Hence my request for another news reader recommendation.
    >>

    >What are you using to clean up the registry?
    >How much free space is there on your main drive?
    >How much memory do you have?
    >What version of windows are you using?
    >Here is the link to Xnews http://xnews.newsguy.com/
    >-ma

    I use Ontrack FixIt Utilities 4.0 to clean the registry & I also,
    using Regit, delete any references to Mozilla before re-installing.

    I have 3.6GB free on my main drive, I have 384 MB of RAM, and am
    running WinXP.Pro. 2SP.

    Thanks for the link.

    Henry, Aug 3, 2005
  7. Henry

    Henry Guest

    On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 20:58:16 -0400, "Guy" <> wrote:

    >Outlook Express is a component of Internet Explorer.
    >
    >I think it would be best for you to figure out why Thunderbird and Outlook
    >Express do not work on your system. Could it be a firewall/port or security
    >setting issue with your connection? Are you a Linux user?
    >
    >Try XNews. As fars as free newsreaders go, it is reasonably simple to use.
    >Just google XNEWS in your browser and you will get a lot of links.
    >
    >HTH!
    >
    >Guy
    >

    >"Henry" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Can anyone recommend a simple to use newsreader please? Outlook
    >> Express doesn't work on my pc despite all my efforts to repair it so I
    >> installed Mozilla Thunderbird instead. This now doesn't work either.
    >> I'm posting this using Agent but don't really like it. So any ideas
    >> would be very welcome.
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> Henry

    Thanks Guy,

    When Outlook Express stopped funtioning I tried to reinstall Internet
    Explorer to be told that it was already installed, & I couldn't
    install over it.

    Thunderbird just stopped working after a system restore. Strangely
    when I reinstalled Thunderbird it came up with a list of newsgroups
    that I hadn't used for a long time.

    Henry

    Henry, Aug 3, 2005
  8. Henry

    Henry Guest

    Henry wrote:
    > On 02 Aug 2005 17:20:38 GMT, Max Wachtel <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Henry <> wrote in
    >>

    >>>Can anyone recommend a simple to use newsreader please? Outlook
    >>>Express doesn't work on my pc despite all my efforts to repair it
    >>>so I installed Mozilla Thunderbird instead. This now doesn't work
    >>>either. I'm posting this using Agent but don't really like it. So
    >>>any ideas would be very welcome.
    >>>
    >>>TIA
    >>>
    >>>Henry
    >>>

    >>I use Xnews. What is going on with OE and TB?
    >>Post back with details. Perhaps we can work it out.
    >>-max

    > Thank you, Max
    >
    > .On Outlook Express I get the following message:
    >
    > Outlook Express could not be started. The application data was unable
    > to create the font cache object. Your computer may be out of memory or
    > your disk is full. Contract Microsoft support for further assistance
    > (0x8007000E, 127)
    >
    > Closing that box brings up:
    >
    > Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be
    > initializes. Outlook Express may not be installed.
    >
    > I gave up trying to repair Outlook Express as I use Outlook for e-mail
    > and installed Thunderbird for newsgroups.
    >
    > Now whenever I open Thunderbird I get the following mesage:
    >
    > thunderbird.exe has encountered a problem and needs to be closed,
    > followed by the MS Error report box.
    >
    > Uninstalling Thunderbird, cleaning the registry, & reinstalling brings
    > up the ssame message.
    >
    > Hence my request for another news reader recommendation.
    >
    > Henry

    Taking on board all the advice I was given I eradicated spyware &
    malware, I thoroughly cleaned the registry, I ran Scannow sfc I
    downloaded a fresh copy from Mozilla and I've got Thunderbird back.

    Thank you all so much

    Henry

    Henry, Aug 4, 2005
  9. Henry <> wrote in

    > Taking on board all the advice I was given I eradicated spyware &
    > malware, I thoroughly cleaned the registry, I ran Scannow sfc I
    > downloaded a fresh copy from Mozilla and I've got Thunderbird
    > back.
    >
    > Thank you all so much
    >
    > Henry

    Glad to here you got it sorted out.
    -max

    What's in a Name?, Aug 4, 2005
  10. "Henry" <> wrote in message

    > Can anyone recommend a simple to use newsreader please? Outlook
    > Express doesn't work on my pc despite all my efforts to repair it so I
    > installed Mozilla Thunderbird instead. This now doesn't work either.
    > I'm posting this using Agent but don't really like it. So any ideas
    > would be very welcome.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Henry

    Grabit newsreader