    which will be easy to use for a newbie to get a hang on, and also useful for
    binary reading.

    Regards.
    newbie, Sep 10, 2005

  2. newbie

    samuel Guest

    "newbie" <> wrote in
    news:dfu000$6dd$:

    > Thanks to all,
    >
    > I am taking all the precautions which you have mentioned.
    > I have specially liked the quaint way of Blinky the shark in
    > putting the message across.
    > I am also using OE quote fix.
    > Now that you have mentioned I will try to use Thunderbird for
    > e-mail. As for the newsreader it will be really helpful if you
    > suggest a newsreader which will be easy to use for a newbie to
    > get a hang on, and also useful for binary reading.
    >
    > Regards.

    http://www.newsreaders.com/

    for windows ????
    http://www.newsreaders.com/win/clients.html

    group to read
    news.software.readers
    samuel, Sep 10, 2005

  3. newbie

    trout Guest

    newbie wrote:

    > Thanks to all,
    >
    > I am taking all the precautions which you have mentioned.
    > I have specially liked the quaint way of Blinky the shark in putting
    > the message across.
    > I am also using OE quote fix.
    > Now that you have mentioned I will try to use Thunderbird for e-mail.
    > As for the newsreader it will be really helpful if you suggest a
    > newsreader which will be easy to use for a newbie to get a hang on,
    > and also useful for binary reading.
    >
    > Regards.

    I like OE for text newsgroups, largely because it's what I'm used
    to, and works well for me (properly configured, of course).
    But when I had to get something else for binary newsgroups, I got
    Xnews, and was glad I did. It does all sorts of full-featured things,
    but you only need to know a very few to get up and running.
    Combines and decodes easily and automatically. It took about ten
    minutes from downloading the program to downloading binary posts.
    Naturally, you can use it for text as well, if you're not already
    'sold' on a different reader.
    --
    About as easy as it's going to get.
    trout, Sep 10, 2005