News Reader

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?TWFydGluIENveA==?=, Oct 15, 2005.

  1. Excuse me for being a complete n00b to newsgroups but how do I use a software
    reader as apossed to this laggy web interface?
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFydGluIENveA==?=, Oct 15, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWFydGluIENveA==?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Martin Cox" <Martin > wrote in message
    news:...
    > Excuse me for being a complete n00b to newsgroups but how do I use a
    > software
    > reader as apossed to this laggy web interface?

    Wow, a cluefull n00b!

    At least you WANT to read it some way other than the web interface.

    Assuming you already have and know how to use OE, create a newsgroup
    account.

    server: msnews.microsoft.com

    The following URL might also work:

    nntp://msnews.microsoft.com
    Frisbee®, Oct 15, 2005

  3. "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    > "Martin Cox" <Martin > wrote in message
    >> Excuse me for being a complete n00b to newsgroups but how do I use a
    >> software
    >> reader as apossed to this laggy web interface?

    > Wow, a cluefull n00b!

    It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine.

    > At least you WANT to read it some way other than the web interface.
    >
    > Assuming you already have and know how to use OE, create a newsgroup
    > account.
    >
    > server: msnews.microsoft.com
    >
    > The following URL might also work:
    >
    > nntp://msnews.microsoft.com

    Close. It's: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    Jennifer Aniston without a shirt, Oct 16, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TWFydGluIENveA==?=

    JaR Guest

    JaR, Oct 17, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TWFydGluIENveA==?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Kline Sphere, Oct 18, 2005
  6. "Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message

    >>> Close. It's: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    >>Maybe, but the other one worked just as well too.

    > Just depends on how the application(s) map to the required application
    > service.

    Yes, it's a registry key. NNTP didn't work here.
    Microcephalic S. Bob, Oct 18, 2005