    democracy my arse
    Renee, Oct 25, 2004

  2. Renee

    Renee Guest

    "Renee" <> wrote in message
    news:m_dfd.5497$...
    >I just realized something:
    >
    > The RPD reorganization charter posted at http://tinyurl.com/4s2np was
    > addressed to news.announce.newsgroups, news.groups,
    > alt.comp.periphs.dcameras, rec.photo.digital, rec.photo.equipment.35mm
    >
    > Any voting posts that were cross-posted to several groups, like this
    > charter was, are automatically filtered out by my News Proxy. I don't ever
    > get to see them.

    If this is not the case, then disregard my previous message.

    I'll blame my missing the voting posts on my preoccupation with the 3
    hurricanes that hit my house this summer . . . no electricity for 17 days
    total . . . sawing off tree limbs to get my car out of my driveway, dealing
    with property damage, insurance companies . . . enough to keep a poor girl
    busy for weeks.

    I just think that expanding the ng to that many new groups is not good. For
    example: Will an experienced ZLR poster ever see the post from a P&S newbie
    about CF cards? Will a ZLR poster with question about batteries posting in
    the P&S ng, and mentioning his camera brand, be told to go to his own ng for
    answers? Will good posts be cross-posted and get filtered out by News Proxy?
    etc, etc

    Sorry to sound like I'm bitching but I think this whole idea has gotten out
    of hand. One expansion group for SLR would have been fine, IMO.
    Renee, Oct 25, 2004

  3. "Renee" <> wrote in

    > Sorry to sound like I'm bitching but I think this whole idea has
    > gotten out of hand. One expansion group for SLR would have been fine,
    > IMO.

    RPD is not going away. Don't be so dramatic about the whole thing. :) Life
    will go on as it did before!

    --
    Bill
    Woodchuck Bill, Oct 25, 2004
  4. Renee

    Renee Guest

    "Woodchuck Bill" <> wrote in message
    > "Renee" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Sorry to sound like I'm bitching but I think this whole idea has
    >> gotten out of hand. One expansion group for SLR would have been fine,
    >> IMO.

    > RPD is not going away. Don't be so dramatic about the whole thing. :)
    > Life
    > will go on as it did before!
    >
    > --
    > Bill

    LOL

    I thought you knew there's no stopping me once I got my pantyhose in a knot

    : )
    Renee, Oct 25, 2004
  5. On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:11:46 GMT, "Renee" <> wrote:

    >Any voting posts that were cross-posted to several groups, like this charter
    >was, are automatically filtered out by my News Proxy. I don't ever get to
    >see them.
    >
    >If your News Proxy is set up like mine is, then you missed the posts, too.

    Ah. That explains why I didn't see them either.

    Based on previous experience, it's a rare event that something
    cross-posted to more than four groups is worth reading.

    --
    Stephen Poley
    Stephen Poley, Oct 26, 2004
  6. "Renee" <> writes:

    >Any voting posts that were cross-posted to several groups, like this charter
    >was, are automatically filtered out by my News Proxy. I don't ever get to
    >see them.

    I don't use News Proxy, and I read news with trn. But my trn killfile
    for this group is set up to discard all crossposted articles. This is
    probably somewhat common, since it's a good way to eliminate many troll
    postings and the threads they start. Anyway, I didn't see the RFD/vote
    stuff either.

    Dave
    Dave Martindale, Oct 27, 2004