    SCO have 30 days to re-plead if they can.

    The upshot is SCO most likely do NOT have any copyrights on Unix.

    As always, check it out on www.Groklaw.net

    Howard, Jun 11, 2004

  2. Howard

    steve Guest

    Howard wrote:
    > Novell's motion to dismiss for lack of pleading of special damages GRANTED.
    > SCO have 30 days to re-plead if they can.
    >
    > The upshot is SCO most likely do NOT have any copyrights on Unix.
    >
    > As always, check it out on www.Groklaw.net

    Dare we then conclude that this particular episode of
    Microsoft-sponsored FUD is almost over?

    steve, Jun 11, 2004

  3. Howard

    Divine Guest

    On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 16:52:36 +1200, Howard wrote:

    > Novell's motion to dismiss for lack of pleading of special damages
    > GRANTED. SCO have 30 days to re-plead if they can.
    >
    > The upshot is SCO most likely do NOT have any copyrights on Unix.

    Oh dear how sad. SCO has been pissing into the wind again with the obvious
    results.

    <rubs hands with glee>

    The Future is Open!

    Divine

    --
    "What some people have against Open Source Software is what Fundamentalist
    Christians or Moslems have against Knowledge."

    Divine, Jun 11, 2004
  4. Howard

    Howard Guest

    steve wrote:

    > Dare we then conclude that this particular episode of
    > Microsoft-sponsored FUD is almost over?

    I's say a qualified yes to that.

    "Almost" is a relative term, especially in the US justice system. Given that
    the trial date for the SCO v IBM trial has just been pushed out to November
    2005, it seems likely that the SCO v Novell case will be resolved much
    sooner than that.

    My reading of the judge's ruling is he invites SCO to re-plead, and gives
    them two causes to plead that will result in Novell not being able to
    dismiss again.

    But the good news for Novell is the judge seems very ready to grant a
    summary judgement in favour of Novell should SCO dare re-plead, so SCO might
    not do so.

    And then, where would that leave the other cases? In limbo, which be right
    where SCO want's them.

    Hard to see, SCO's next moves are.

    Howard, Jun 11, 2004
  5. Howard

    thing Guest

    steve wrote:
    > Howard wrote:
    >
    >> Novell's motion to dismiss for lack of pleading of special damages
    >> GRANTED.
    >> SCO have 30 days to re-plead if they can.
    >>
    >> The upshot is SCO most likely do NOT have any copyrights on Unix.
    >>
    >> As always, check it out on www.Groklaw.net

    > Dare we then conclude that this particular episode of
    > Microsoft-sponsored FUD is almost over?

    This is the American legal system........anything is still
    possible....but we can but hope!

    :D

    regards

    thing