    article file--throttling.

    I have never seen this before. Does anyone know what this means?

    Sharon

    Sharon, Sep 14, 2003

  2. Sharon

    Boomer Guest

    Sharon said:

    > All of a sudden when I try to read newsgroups on one of my news
    > servers I get the following error message: Alert
    > A News (NNTP) error occurred:
    > no
    >
    > space left on device writing
    > logging
    > article file--throttling.
    >
    > I have never seen this before. Does anyone know what this means?
    >
    > Sharon

    Hi

    I believe your news server (ISP) is having a problems.
    You might want to report it to them.

    Boomer, Sep 14, 2003

  3. Sharon

    °Mike° Guest

    News server throttling
    http://www.utexas.edu/cc/faqs/unix/News-server-throttling.html

    On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 21:57:36 -0700, in
    <>
    Sharon scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 14, 2003
  4. Sharon

    Sharon Guest

    On 9/14/03 4:34 AM, °Mike° wrote:
    > News server throttling
    > http://www.utexas.edu/cc/faqs/unix/News-server-throttling.html
    >

    > On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 21:57:36 -0700, in
    > <>
    > Sharon scrawled:
    >
    >>All of a sudden when I try to read newsgroups on one of my news servers
    >>I get the following error message: Alert
    >> A News (NNTP) error occurred: no
    >>
    >> space left on device writing logging
    >> article file--throttling.
    >>
    >>I have never seen this before. Does anyone know what this means?
    >>
    >>Sharon

    Basic computer maintenance

    Thanks for the reply, but I do regular maintenance on my computer
    already, including everything mentioned on this site..and more. As
    Boomer suggested I think it is a problem with the news
    server...especially since I have three news servers and only one had the
    problem.

    Sharon

    Sharon, Sep 14, 2003
  5. Sharon

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 11:13:00 -0700, Sharon wrote:

    >On 9/14/03 4:34 AM, °Mike° wrote:
    >> News server throttling
    >> http://www.utexas.edu/cc/faqs/unix/News-server-throttling.html
    >>

    >> On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 21:57:36 -0700, in
    >> <>
    >> Sharon scrawled:
    >>
    >>>All of a sudden when I try to read newsgroups on one of my news servers
    >>>I get the following error message: Alert
    >>> A News (NNTP) error occurred: no
    >>>
    >>> space left on device writing logging
    >>> article file--throttling.

    <snip>

    >Basic computer maintenance
    >http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
    >

    >Thanks for the reply, but I do regular maintenance on my computer
    >already, including everything mentioned on this site..and more. As

    The Basic computer maintenance link is in Mikes's (or is it Mikes') sig
    it's not a specific instruction for your question.

    <snip>
    Me

    why?, Sep 14, 2003
  6. Sharon

    Boomer Guest

    Sharon said:

    > On 9/14/03 4:34 AM, °Mike° wrote:
    >> News server throttling
    >> http://www.utexas.edu/cc/faqs/unix/News-server-throttling.html
    >>

    >> On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 21:57:36 -0700, in
    >> <>
    >> Sharon scrawled:
    >>
    >>>All of a sudden when I try to read newsgroups on one of my
    >>>news servers I get the following error message: Alert
    >>> A News (NNTP) error
    >>> occurred: no
    >>>
    >>> space left on device writing
    >>> logging
    >>> article file--throttling.
    >>>
    >>>I have never seen this before. Does anyone know what this
    >>>means?
    >>>
    >>>Sharon

    > Basic computer maintenance
    >

    > Thanks for the reply, but I do regular maintenance on my
    > computer already, including everything mentioned on this
    > site..and more. As Boomer suggested I think it is a problem with
    > the news server...especially since I have three news servers and
    > only one had the problem.
    >
    > Sharon

    This is what Mike posted for you:

    Boomer, Sep 14, 2003
  7. Sharon

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 11:13:00 -0700, in
    <>
    Sharon scrawled:

    >On 9/14/03 4:34 AM, °Mike° wrote:
    >> News server throttling
    >> http://www.utexas.edu/cc/faqs/unix/News-server-throttling.html
    >>

    >> On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 21:57:36 -0700, in
    >> <>
    >> Sharon scrawled:
    >>
    >>>All of a sudden when I try to read newsgroups on one of my news servers
    >>>I get the following error message: Alert
    >>> A News (NNTP) error occurred: no
    >>>
    >>> space left on device writing logging
    >>> article file--throttling.
    >>>
    >>>I have never seen this before. Does anyone know what this means?
    >>>
    >>>Sharon

    >Basic computer maintenance
    >http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
    >

    >Thanks for the reply, but I do regular maintenance on my computer
    >already, including everything mentioned on this site..and more. As
    >Boomer suggested I think it is a problem with the news
    >server...especially since I have three news servers and only one had the
    >problem.
    >
    >Sharon

    The maintenance link is part of my signature, as has been pointed
    out. In case you didn't see Boomer's reply, my *actual* post to
    you was:

    News server throttling
    http://www.utexas.edu/cc/faqs/unix/News-server-throttling.html

    Don't forget, the following is my signature...

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 14, 2003
  8. Sharon

    [ Doc Jeff ] Guest

    On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 21:57:36 -0700, Sharon <>
    wrote:

    >All of a sudden when I try to read newsgroups on one of my news servers
    >I get the following error message: Alert
    > A News (NNTP) error occurred: no
    >
    > space left on device writing logging
    > article file--throttling.
    >
    >I have never seen this before. Does anyone know what this means?
    >
    >Sharon

    If that was news.grc.com, they filled up the disk with log files
    (around 25gigs I heard)

    [ Doc Jeff ], Sep 15, 2003