    --
    Tony

    - Leonardo da Vinci
    Tony Raven, Sep 9, 2006

  2. Tony Raven

    Jim Scott Guest

    On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 12:16:35 +0100, Tony Raven wrote:

    > Posting here because the news.mozilla.org news server is behaving oddly.
    > If I click on the server name in TB and click get messages it will
    > show a number of new messages in each of the subscribed newsgroups.
    > However if I then click on the newsgroup itself (or go there direct) the
    > new messages number disappears and I get a no messages on this server
    > message. Since I have not seen a new message there since yesterday,
    > other than one reporting the same problem, and my post there has not
    > appeared I can only assume the new messages number is correct but the
    > server is marking them a read or downloaded or some such when you try to
    > download the headers.
    >
    > Anyone else seeing the same problem?

    It appears to be 'locked-up' here.
    It has been very slow for me for some weeks.
    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK
    Jim Scott, Sep 9, 2006

  3. Jim Scott wrote:
    > On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 12:16:35 +0100, Tony Raven wrote:
    >
    >> Posting here because the news.mozilla.org news server is behaving oddly.
    >> If I click on the server name in TB and click get messages it will
    >> show a number of new messages in each of the subscribed newsgroups.
    >> However if I then click on the newsgroup itself (or go there direct) the
    >> new messages number disappears and I get a no messages on this server
    >> message. Since I have not seen a new message there since yesterday,
    >> other than one reporting the same problem, and my post there has not
    >> appeared I can only assume the new messages number is correct but the
    >> server is marking them a read or downloaded or some such when you try to
    >> download the headers.
    >>
    >> Anyone else seeing the same problem?

    > It appears to be 'locked-up' here.
    > It has been very slow for me for some weeks.

    News Server world whacked out for a bit. Hearing reports on Comcast
    groups of the same thing.
    Can't remember the lead in for Outer Limits, but they have the control.
    Doug Chadduck, Sep 9, 2006
  4. Tony Raven

    gwtc Guest

    Tony Raven wrote:
    > Posting here because the news.mozilla.org news server is behaving oddly.
    > If I click on the server name in TB and click get messages it will show
    > a number of new messages in each of the subscribed newsgroups. However
    > if I then click on the newsgroup itself (or go there direct) the new
    > messages number disappears and I get a no messages on this server
    > message. Since I have not seen a new message there since yesterday,
    > other than one reporting the same problem, and my post there has not
    > appeared I can only assume the new messages number is correct but the
    > server is marking them a read or downloaded or some such when you try to
    > download the headers.
    >
    > Anyone else seeing the same problem?

    Yes. A lot of weirdness has been going on. Some messages would
    appear, then the next time, they'd disappeared. The number of unread
    messages would go up, then down, then the next time I checked would go
    up, but I've already read those. I thought the problem was at my end
    -- those stupid *.msf files. You wouldn't believe the number of times
    I changed those and things were still happening. Then I read someone
    complain about his problems on the server and they were exactly as
    mine, then thats when I knew its the servers problem. And I too have
    messages that haven't shown up, but they're on googlegroups. Oh well.
    Thats server life. At least they could have made an annoucement on
    the web site that there are problems.

    --
    Pic of the Day:
    http://img444.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cupholderxb1.jpg
    gwtc, Sep 9, 2006
  5. Tony Raven

    gwtc Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > Tony Raven wrote:
    >> Posting here because the news.mozilla.org news server is behaving
    >> oddly. If I click on the server name in TB and click get messages it
    >> will show a number of new messages in each of the subscribed
    >> newsgroups. However if I then click on the newsgroup itself (or go
    >> there direct) the new messages number disappears and I get a no
    >> messages on this server message. Since I have not seen a new message
    >> there since yesterday, other than one reporting the same problem, and
    >> my post there has not appeared I can only assume the new messages
    >> number is correct but the server is marking them a read or downloaded
    >> or some such when you try to download the headers.
    >>
    >> Anyone else seeing the same problem?
    >>

    > Yes. A lot of weirdness has been going on. Some messages would appear,
    > then the next time, they'd disappeared. The number of unread messages
    > would go up, then down, then the next time I checked would go up, but
    > I've already read those. I thought the problem was at my end -- those
    > stupid *.msf files. You wouldn't believe the number of times I changed
    > those and things were still happening. Then I read someone complain
    > about his problems on the server and they were exactly as mine, then
    > thats when I knew its the servers problem. And I too have messages that
    > haven't shown up, but they're on googlegroups. Oh well. Thats server
    > life. At least they could have made an annoucement on the web site that
    > there are problems.

    maybe we all should go back to the secnews server

    gwtc, Sep 9, 2006