News Individual - I should think no one know this yet...

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by relic, Feb 17, 2005.

  1. relic

    relic Guest

    Glynn Bright wrote:
    > I don't know if you're all aware, but Individual.net will be charging
    > 10pesos per month for the privilege of posting through their servers
    > as of next week.

    No they won't be charging 10 Pesos per month.

    --
    If there is a Tourist Season, how come we can't shoot them?
    relic, Feb 17, 2005

  2. relic

    Glynn Bright Guest

    I don't know if you're all aware, but Individual.net will be charging
    10pesos per month for the privilege of posting through their servers
    as of next week.

    Well they can keep it that's all I can say. I'm orf to news.sympatico.

    Just thought you'd like to know.
    Glynn Bright, Feb 17, 2005

  3. relic , wrote in message
    18Rd.3515$:
    > Glynn Bright wrote:
    >> I don't know if you're all aware, but Individual.net will be charging
    >> 10pesos per month for the privilege of posting through their servers
    >> as of next week.

    > No they won't be charging 10 Pesos per month.

    Standing room only where he's going, apparently.

    --
    I'm my very own Dutch stuntcock. I carry wood wherever I go.
    Kutloze Scheefgepoepte, Feb 17, 2005
  4. relic, <>, the spaced-out, flyblown gooseberry, and
    examiner of food on sale at the markets, burbled:

    > Glynn Bright wrote:
    >> I don't know if you're all aware, but Individual.net will be charging
    >> 10pesos per month for the privilege of posting through their servers
    >> as of next week.

    > No they won't be charging 10 Pesos per month.

    Who was that silly ****?

    is but a dream within a dream.
    Lord Gazwad of Grantham, Feb 17, 2005
  5. Glynn Bright wrote:
    > I don't know if you're all aware, but Individual.net will be charging
    > 10pesos per month for the privilege of posting through their servers
    > as of next week.
    >
    > Well they can keep it that's all I can say. I'm orf to news.sympatico.
    >
    > Just thought you'd like to know.

    10pesos?
    It's 10 dollars, and everyone knows it days ago.
    Most of the users registered have received even an email from them
    explaining the news.

    So thanks for the information. But too late...

    Regards.

    --

    Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
    Director Tecnico de bgSEC

    http://www.bgsec.com
    ESPAÑA

    like fabulous yellow Roman candles.
    -- Jack Kerouac, "On the Road"
    Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez, Feb 17, 2005
  6. Glynn Bright wrote:
    > I don't know if you're all aware, but Individual.net will be charging
    > 10pesos per month for the privilege of posting through their servers
    > as of next week.
    >
    > Well they can keep it that's all I can say. I'm orf to news.sympatico.
    >
    > Just thought you'd like to know.

    Teranews has a one time set up fee of four dollars ( US$3.95 ) and is
    free there after.

    http://www.teranews.com

    --
    Texeme Textcasting Technology
    http://texeme.com

    Indie Pop Rocks @ SomaFM
    http://somafm.com/
    !!! Klutzo !!!, Feb 17, 2005
  7. Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez wrote:
    > Glynn Bright wrote:
    >
    >> I don't know if you're all aware, but Individual.net will be charging
    >> 10pesos per month for the privilege of posting through their servers
    >> as of next week.
    >>
    >> Well they can keep it that's all I can say. I'm orf to news.sympatico.
    >>
    >> Just thought you'd like to know.

    > 10pesos?
    > It's 10 dollars, and everyone knows it days ago.
    > Most of the users registered have received even an email from them
    > explaining the news.
    >
    > So thanks for the information. But too late...
    >
    > Regards.

    teranews is free -- I was going to say that their servers are slow and
    sometimes bad during peak hours --

    but they've just upgraded them and they seem to work fine.
    news.teranews.com, Feb 17, 2005
  8. relic

    flatfish+++ Guest

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:12:05 +0100, Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez wrote:

    > Glynn Bright wrote:
    >> I don't know if you're all aware, but Individual.net will be charging
    >> 10pesos per month for the privilege of posting through their servers
    >> as of next week.
    >>
    >> Well they can keep it that's all I can say. I'm orf to news.sympatico.
    >>
    >> Just thought you'd like to know.

    > 10pesos?
    > It's 10 dollars, and everyone knows it days ago.
    > Most of the users registered have received even an email from them
    > explaining the news.
    >
    > So thanks for the information. But too late...
    >
    > Regards.

    Well that should eliminate 99 percent of the cheap LinoTrolls that infest
    this group, COLA.

    You could sooner get milk from a stone than get $1.00 from a Linux user.
    flatfish+++, Feb 17, 2005
  9. news.teranews.com t., wrote in message
    108680597.6f8acfdc4fd2fc0c675acfd52cbe9959@teranews:
    > Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez wrote:
    >> Glynn Bright wrote:
    >>
    >>> I don't know if you're all aware, but Individual.net will be
    >>> charging 10pesos per month for the privilege of posting through
    >>> their servers as of next week.
    >>>
    >>> Well they can keep it that's all I can say. I'm orf to
    >>> news.sympatico. Just thought you'd like to know.

    >> 10pesos?
    >> It's 10 dollars, and everyone knows it days ago.
    >> Most of the users registered have received even an email from them
    >> explaining the news.
    >>
    >> So thanks for the information. But too late...
    >>
    >> Regards.
    >>

    > teranews is free -- I was going to say that their servers are slow and
    > sometimes bad during peak hours --
    >
    > but they've just upgraded them and they seem to work fine.

    Would I get a refund when their server are problematic or down?

    I'm Dutch and believe in value for money. It's a big risk, isn't for
    such an outlay?

    --
    I'm my very own Dutch stuntcock. I carry wood wherever I go.
    Kutloze Scheefgepoepte, Feb 17, 2005
  10. Kutloze Scheefgepoepte wrote:
    > news.teranews.com t., wrote in message

    >>teranews is free -- I was going to say that their servers are slow and
    >>sometimes bad during peak hours --
    >>
    >>but they've just upgraded them and they seem to work fine.

    > Would I get a refund when their server are problematic or down?

    Yes, you would get $0.00 back...because it's free ( except for a $4 --
    four dollars -- set up fee -- one time only ).

    > I'm Dutch and believe in value for money. It's a big risk, isn't for
    > such an outlay?

    Four dollars ?

    That's not even enough to buy a two minute buzz at your hasish shops...
    free.teranews.com, Feb 17, 2005
  11. free.teranews.com, <.>, the drain-inhabiting, sugary idiot,
    and make-up artist and wigmaker, pined:

    > Kutloze Scheefgepoepte wrote:
    >> news.teranews.com t., wrote in message

    >>> teranews is free -- I was going to say that their servers are slow
    >>> and sometimes bad during peak hours --
    >>>
    >>> but they've just upgraded them and they seem to work fine.

    >> Would I get a refund when their server are problematic or down?

    > Yes, you would get $0.00 back...because it's free ( except for a $4 --
    > four dollars -- set up fee -- one time only ).
    >

    >> I'm Dutch and believe in value for money. It's a big risk, isn't for
    >> such an outlay?

    > Four dollars ?
    >
    > That's not even enough to buy a two minute buzz at your hasish
    > shops...

    It would buy your mother for a lot more than 2 minutes though.

    is but a dream within a dream.
    Lord Gazwad of Grantham, Feb 17, 2005
  12. free.teranews.com t., wrote in message
    108681176.13157e2cf0ae82174f74edd716641850@teranews:
    > Kutloze Scheefgepoepte wrote:
    >> news.teranews.com t., wrote in message

    >>> teranews is free -- I was going to say that their servers are slow
    >>> and sometimes bad during peak hours --
    >>>
    >>> but they've just upgraded them and they seem to work fine.

    >> Would I get a refund when their server are problematic or down?

    > Yes, you would get $0.00 back...because it's free ( except for a $4 --
    > four dollars -- set up fee -- one time only ).

    It seems only fair that if they fail to provide the service they offer for
    that amount of money, they should at least refund some of it if they
    fail in their duty of care to the consumer, no?

    >> I'm Dutch and believe in value for money. It's a big risk, isn't for
    >> such an outlay?

    > Four dollars ?

    It all adds up. No one got rich throwing money away, now did they?

    > That's not even enough to buy a two minute buzz at your hasish
    > shops...

    That's not really the point. You know what I mean.

    --
    I'm my very own Dutch stuntcock. I carry wood wherever I go.
    Kutloze Scheefgepoepte, Feb 17, 2005
  13. Loz , wrote in message
    :
    >> 10pesos?
    >> It's 10 dollars, and everyone knows it days ago.

    > Its not 10 pesos or 10 dollars its 10 Euros. They use the Euro in
    > Germany.....

    Well, there you go then, I'm not paying if they can't make up
    their mind what currency they want it in.

    They must think I came up on a banana boat to think I would just
    so easily part with 10potatos on my credit card just like that without
    knowing what exchange rate would be used.

    That's just day light robbery, charging 10pesos for a fee of 10 more
    dollars just to make payment... ridiculous!

    --
    I'm my very own Dutch stuntcock. I carry wood wherever I go.
    Kutloze Scheefgepoepte, Feb 17, 2005
  14. Kutloze Scheefgepoepte wrote:

    > It seems only fair that if they fail to provide the service they offer for
    > that amount of money, they should at least refund some of it if they
    > fail in their duty of care to the consumer, no?

    Well, to be serious, that actually happened.

    Two years ago, when I first subscribed with them, they were having some
    problems with slow servers and it caused a login problem for me, that
    made them constantly block my account.

    I asked for my money back and they refunded the whole four dollars. (
    $3.95 )

    A few months later, I really needed the account ( because at work, I
    cannot use my earthlink news service -- you have to be logged into
    earthlink and have one of their DHCP acquired accounts ), so I
    resubscribed and never had the problem again...although, I have also
    been using individual since they are totally free.

    NOw that individual has ( what I consider high ) free, I'm going back to
    teranews.
    free.teranews.com, Feb 17, 2005
  15. relic

    Kier Guest

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:57:07 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:

    > On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:12:05 +0100, Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez wrote:
    >
    >> Glynn Bright wrote:
    >>> I don't know if you're all aware, but Individual.net will be charging
    >>> 10pesos per month for the privilege of posting through their servers
    >>> as of next week.
    >>>
    >>> Well they can keep it that's all I can say. I'm orf to news.sympatico.
    >>>
    >>> Just thought you'd like to know.

    >> 10pesos?
    >> It's 10 dollars, and everyone knows it days ago.
    >> Most of the users registered have received even an email from them
    >> explaining the news.
    >>
    >> So thanks for the information. But too late...
    >>
    >> Regards.

    > Well that should eliminate 99 percent of the cheap LinoTrolls that infest
    > this group, COLA.

    No, but it might get rid of a lot of Windows wankers.

    > You could sooner get milk from a stone than get $1.00 from a Linux user.

    Call yourself honest after this, flatfish, and everyone here will know you
    are a liar.

    --
    Kier
    Kier, Feb 18, 2005
  16. relic

    relic Guest

    Lord Gazwad of Grantham wrote:
    > relic, <>, the spaced-out, flyblown gooseberry,
    > and examiner of food on sale at the markets, burbled:
    >
    >> Glynn Bright wrote:
    >>> I don't know if you're all aware, but Individual.net will be
    >>> charging 10pesos per month for the privilege of posting through
    >>> their servers as of next week.

    >> No they won't be charging 10 Pesos per month.

    > Who was that silly ****?

    I believe it's safe to assume which group he posted from.

    --
    WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may cause you to roll over in the
    morning and see something really scary.
    relic, Feb 18, 2005
  17. relic

    relic Guest

    Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez wrote:
    > Glynn Bright wrote:
    >> I don't know if you're all aware, but Individual.net will be charging
    >> 10pesos per month for the privilege of posting through their servers
    >> as of next week.
    >>
    >> Well they can keep it that's all I can say. I'm orf to
    >> news.sympatico. Just thought you'd like to know.

    > 10pesos?
    > It's 10 dollars,

    No, it isn't 10 Dollars a month either.

    --
    If there is a Tourist Season, how come we can't shoot them?
    relic, Feb 18, 2005
  18. relic

    relic Guest

    Kutloze Scheefgepoepte wrote:
    > Loz , wrote in message
    > :
    >>> 10pesos?
    >>> It's 10 dollars, and everyone knows it days ago.

    >> Its not 10 pesos or 10 dollars its 10 Euros. They use the Euro in
    >> Germany.....

    > Well, there you go then, I'm not paying if they can't make up
    > their mind what currency they want it in.

    He left out the other correction that was needed.

    --
    If there is a Tourist Season, how come we can't shoot them?
    relic, Feb 18, 2005
  19. relic

    kier Guest

    Kier wrote:
    > On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:57:07 -0500, flatfish+++ wrote:

    >>> 10pesos?
    >>> It's 10 dollars, and everyone knows it days ago.
    >>> Most of the users registered have received even an email from them
    >>> explaining the news.
    >>>
    >>> So thanks for the information. But too late...
    >>>
    >>> Regards.

    >> Well that should eliminate 99 percent of the cheap LinoTrolls that
    >> infest this group, COLA.

    > No, but it might get rid of a lot of Windows wankers.

    They can afford to pay for things.
    kier, Feb 18, 2005
  20. relic, <>, the grudging, tuneless shrimp, and grave
    digger, screaked:

    > Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez wrote:
    >> Glynn Bright wrote:
    >>> I don't know if you're all aware, but Individual.net will be
    >>> charging 10pesos per month for the privilege of posting through
    >>> their servers as of next week.
    >>>
    >>> Well they can keep it that's all I can say. I'm orf to
    >>> news.sympatico. Just thought you'd like to know.

    >> 10pesos?
    >> It's 10 dollars,

    > No, it isn't 10 Dollars a month either.

    It's aboot £7.19 in proper money, for aboot a year.

    is but a dream within a dream.
    Lord Gazwad of Grantham, Feb 18, 2005