News Group Stats

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Lloyd Jones, May 30, 2004.

  1. Lloyd Jones

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    This a cool site, it gives you stats on NG's.

    http://netscan.research.microsoft.c...m&searchfor=alt.computer&searchdate=3/31/2004

    "Thor" , Visits these News Groups:

    alt.computer

    alt.os.windows-xp

    alt.computer.workshop

    uk.adverts.computer

    alt.computers

    And he also is the top poster in this NG CONGRATULATIONS!. Here's the top
    40 posters:

    1 "Thor" <>
    2 DeMoN LaG <n@a>
    3
    4 Trent© <>
    5
    6 Plato <|@|.|>
    7 Duane Arnold <>
    8 "Jerry G." <>
    12 "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail dot com>
    13
    14 21.co.uk
    17 BinaryBillTheSailor@Sea++.com
    21 "Professor" <>
    22 "Kenny" <>
    29 Alex@127.0.0.1
    35 Email Address Withheld
    38 "Allen_L" <>

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, May 30, 2004

  2. Lloyd Jones

    Thor Guest

    "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > This a cool site, it gives you stats on NG's.

    http://netscan.research.microsoft.c...m&searchfor=alt.computer&searchdate=3/31/2004

    > "Thor" , Visits these News Groups:
    >
    > alt.computer
    >
    > alt.os.windows-xp
    >
    > alt.computer.workshop
    >
    > uk.adverts.computer
    >
    > alt.computers

    This is the problem with statistical sites that don't take crossposts into
    consideration. I don't directly post to, or visit any of those groups except
    alt.computer. However, if I reply to a crossposted message, it will reply to
    all the groups in the crosspost, unless I remove the other groupnames.
    Something I try to do, but sometimes I forget to.

    Thor, May 30, 2004

  3. Lloyd Jones

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    I often get that problem as well Thor.