    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 15, 2005

  2. Re: Exchange 12 64 bit Only

    Heck, I'm betting that there may not even be a 32-bit version of LH server.
    The security advantages built into the 64-bit processors may have raised the
    bar that much.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 16, 2005

  3. Re: Exchange 12 64 bit Only

    I think it would be a bit too late to scrap the project since they are so
    far into development. Might as well, but the buck stops there, LH Server R2
    on forward is 64-bit baby. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 16, 2005
  4. Re: Exchange 12 64 bit Only

    I have some reason to say what I said.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 16, 2005
  5. Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

    roman modic Guest

    Re: Exchange 12 64 bit Only

    Hello!

    > Here is a new reason to invest in 64 bit enabled hardware only right now.

    I you are buying a server or high-end workstation!

    quote [Brian Marr, Microsoft Senior Product Manager]:
    Which leaves the question that most readers are doubtless asking: Why in the
    world would anyone need (or want) a 64-bit notebook PC? The answer, pure and
    simple, is enhanced power and performance. Brian Marr is quite open about
    this: "General information workers, honestly, will be better off with 32-bit
    Windows XP Professional for the foreseeable future. Home users will be
    better off with 32-bit Media Center or Windows XP Home Edition. We do see a
    'fringe' of very high-end users for things like video editing, where in one
    case we've seen a 15 percent performance gain, even running 32-bit apps. For
    applications like Office, we see on the order of 5 to 10 percent. For
    developers, you'd see improved compile time. In cases where floating point,
    rendering, or computation is critical, you'll see a performance improvement.
    Windows XP 64-bit Edition is really aimed at a specific group of customers:
    High-end workstation users, developers, and people who just have to have the
    latest high-end technology. General business and home users will have a
    better experience with the 32-bit version for the foreseeable future."
    http://www.windowsitpro.com/Articles/Print.cfm?ArticleID=47641

    Best regards, Roman
    roman modic, Nov 16, 2005
  6. Andre Da Costa [Extended64]