    this is happening?

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Nov 17, 2003

  2. Kenny

    Pepperoni Guest

    Occasionally CIS does have minor short term problems. A couple months ago it
    was about changing the physical location of the servers. Sometimes, virus
    activity will hit DNS or servers and foul up propagation or access. Be
    aware that servers must be updated and rebooted occasionally; most do this
    between 6-8 am local time, and this may be the cause---even if it is 6 or 8
    pm in your location.

    CIS is apparently changing the names of their service, but they say it
    shouldn't affect older subscribers, as both will run simultaneously. Info
    on this name change is here:
    http://news.cis.dfn.de/namechange-en.html

    CIS is the best available so long as you behave yourself and don't crave
    binaries. Also be aware that CIS will not allow access if you try to load a
    bogus "from" addy. They check and consistently deny assess to post for this
    reason. For example---- if does not return a live ping,
    you would be denied entry. This is stressed in the FAQ.

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    > Last few days every time I try to access a group via this server I get a
    > password and user name box. I have the correct name & password and have
    > changed nothing else but I can't get past this box. Have checked FAQ's

    etc.

    Pepperoni, Nov 17, 2003