News article: Criminal records now available for public access

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Associated Press, Mar 15, 2008.

  1. Criminal records now available for public access

    By Michael Smith

    NEW YORK (AP) - Criminal records, once previously available only to police
    and federal law enforcement, are now available to the general public.

    Bankruptcy records, DMV records, lost relatives, and various other civil
    records have been made available to the public through the Freedom of
    Information Act and the Patriot Act. People from all over America are now
    using http://agentb.proniche4.hop.clickbank.net/ to view information on
    potential employees, friends, and lovers.

    "I never thought I would find information like this!" says Julia Lee, who
    recently used the website to find out private information on a potential
    business partner. "He was seriously in debt, and had pending criminal
    charges!" she said.

    Christopher Jones, of the Institute for Access to Information said this
    opens up a whole new world to private citizens. "Previously, you never had
    the ability to find out this kind of information."

    "Now, anyone will have the ability to get any kind of records they want, on
    almost any individual."

    Website listed in this article can be found here:
    http://agentb.proniche4.hop.clickbank.net/
    Associated Press, Mar 15, 2008

  2. Associated Press

    kony Guest

    On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 01:07:17 GMT, "Associated Press"
    <> wrote:

    >Criminal records now available for public access

    <snip>

    >Website listed in this article can be found here:
    >http://spam.prospam.poppinfreshspam.spam.net/

    The previously linked website is a private for-profit, not
    government 'site and the whole post was SPAM.
    kony, Mar 15, 2008