    Internet that doesn't have all these restrictions.

    Cheers

    John

    John, May 16, 2004

  2. John

    Guest

    On Sun, 16 May 2004 18:32:57 +0100, John <> spewed
    forth:

    >Hello.
    >
    >I am currently with Super News but I'm not too impressed with it. I
    >don't like the filtering.
    >
    >For example if I want to make a post to a football newsgroup with a
    >subject about selling players, it wont let me post the message because
    >it will see the word sell and think I'm a spammer selling things! :)
    >
    >Also, if I want to crosspost something to relevant newsgroups, it wont
    >let me.
    >
    >I just wondered if you know of a News Only Account Service on the
    >Internet that doesn't have all these restrictions.
    >
    >Cheers
    >
    >John

    For binaries I like to use Giganews, for text only I use
    http://news.cis.dfn.de/ (It's a free news server that is from the
    University of Berlin and works very well).
    --
    Mark

    Otherwise known as
    ------------
    Cablenetguy

    , May 16, 2004

  3. John

    Jim Berwick Guest

    John <> wrote in news:g89fa0lukl875rdsqf2v4pghi7fqjjn7ao@
    4ax.com:

    > For example if I want to make a post to a football newsgroup with a
    > subject about selling players, it wont let me post the message because
    > it will see the word sell and think I'm a spammer selling things! :)

    I was a SN customer for the better part of 4 years and what you are saying
    is simply not true. Having "sell" in your subject is not going to have the
    message blocked. If you think it does, email with
    information about it.

    Crosspostings are allowed, but not between certain places. This is because
    of issues with people abusing the system and crossposting to irrelavent
    places to piss people off. Again, if you think your message is being
    rejected in error, email

    Personally, I subscribe to Octanews (octanews.com). Nice service, decent
    price, better speeds then the server I'm on right now at work.

    Jim Berwick, May 16, 2004
  4. John

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Why don't you use outlook express???

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, May 17, 2004
  5. John

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in news:c8au7d$sjn$:

    > Why don't you use outlook express???

    OE is not a news server, it is a news reader.

    Jim Berwick, May 18, 2004
  6. John

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    All you have to do is type in "news.what ever your isp is.com"

    Lloyd Jones, May 18, 2004
  7. John

    Stuart Guest

    Lloyd Jones wrote:

    > All you have to do is type in "news.what ever your isp is.com"

    He is wanting a different news service (the server you connect to to
    read the newsgroup) not a different reader.

    Stuart

    Stuart, May 18, 2004
  8. John

    Night_Seer Guest

    Jim Berwick wrote:
    > "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in
    >
    >> Why don't you use outlook express???
    >>

    > OE is not a news server, it is a news reader.

    Try news.individual.net search google for it, you have to have an (free)
    account, and no set-up fee. Only requirements is a long wait for a reply
    email with your account info, and a valid email address (no spamtraps
    allowed.)

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, May 18, 2004