    except "Documents Setting/My Documents", please help?

    TIA

    Mozes
    Mozes, Feb 16, 2008

  2. Mozes wrote:
    > A master HDD was removed from a PC, where username and password was set,
    > now in a external USB case. I can copy files from anywhere on the HDD
    > except "Documents Setting/My Documents", please help?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Mozes

    USe a Knoppix Live CD, it doesn't care about windows permissions.

    --
    The RIGHT REVEREND G.G. WILLIKERS
    (formerly) Monsignor Boddom
    G.G. Willikers, Feb 16, 2008

  3. Mozes

    Tony Guest

    On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 06:40:22 GMT, Mozes <> wrote:

    >A master HDD was removed from a PC, where username and password was set,
    >now in a external USB case. I can copy files from anywhere on the HDD
    >except "Documents Setting/My Documents", please help?
    >
    >TIA
    >
    >Mozes

    It's probably password protected. What I usually do is put it back in the box, boot to windows and
    remove the password so there is none. That should do it.
    Tony, Feb 23, 2008
  4. Mozes

    smackedass Guest

    > It's probably password protected. What I usually do is put it back in the
    > box, boot to windows and
    > remove the password so there is none. That should do it.

    Of course, you have to have administrator power and password in order to
    remove the password. I've always wondered about this, and am very intrigued
    about the Knoppix thing. It doesn't appear (right now) on the BitTorrent
    site, maybe I'll have to break down and order the CD.

    In theory, it makes sense that a UNIX based OS should be able to break a
    Windows security scheme, but I want to see how that plays out.

    smackedass
    smackedass, Feb 23, 2008
  5. Mozes

    Patty Guest

    On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 19:20:06 GMT, smackedass wrote:

    >> It's probably password protected. What I usually do is put it back in the
    >> box, boot to windows and
    >> remove the password so there is none. That should do it.

    > Of course, you have to have administrator power and password in order to
    > remove the password. I've always wondered about this, and am very intrigued
    > about the Knoppix thing. It doesn't appear (right now) on the BitTorrent
    > site, maybe I'll have to break down and order the CD.
    >
    > In theory, it makes sense that a UNIX based OS should be able to break a
    > Windows security scheme, but I want to see how that plays out.
    >
    > smackedass

    You can download Knoppix from here:

    http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-mirrors/index-en.html

    Patty
    Patty, Feb 24, 2008
  6. Mozes

    Mozes Guest

    Thank you for your input, however I forgot to mention, that the mother
    board in the orginal PC was fried, therefore that did not work with another
    PC with all the different drivers. I thought it would be less painfull and
    easier just to master to another PC or make it a USB transportable drive.

    Again thank you for your advice.

    Mozes

    Tony < > wrote in

    Mozes, Feb 25, 2008
  7. Mozes

    Mozes Guest

    Thank you,

    I will try this website and let everyone know how it goes.

    Mozes

    Patty <> wrote in

    Mozes, Feb 25, 2008
  8. Mozes

    Mozes Guest

    Brian,

    Thank you for your detailed input, is there any way I can get my hands on
    the CD? The work that I am doing is for my sister, and she is kind of
    far away, and I would like to have all the tools with me. This way it
    could save me from making several trips and possibly some frustration.

    Again, thank you.

    Mozes

    Mozes, Mar 6, 2008