Newly installed Thunderbird - where can we search in Help?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Galaxy, Jul 11, 2004.

  1. Galaxy

    Galaxy Guest

    Sorry for such a silly question, I've been at this for a few hours now
    and starting to get a headache! I just need to know one thing to
    really help, when I click on HELP > MOZILLA THUNDERBIRD HELP, I'm
    always taken to an online page. I was hoping there was a regular help
    file somewhere? I may not always be on broadband so it would be nice
    to have a regular help file I can access on my hdd.

    Also, if I had that, I could figure out how to do a search, just like
    one does on a regular help file.

    Currently, I've been reading past messages on the Thunderbird forum at
    Mozilla. All my messages are displayed as text when most of them are
    html. Anyway to get Thunderbird to display the message as it was
    sent?

    Thanks, once I figure things out better, I'm sure such a simple
    question will be easy to figure out, but until then, was hoping for
    some help with this one.

    Thanks.

    Galaxy, Jul 11, 2004

  2. Galaxy

    Moz Champion Guest

    Galaxy wrote:

    > Sorry for such a silly question, I've been at this for a few hours now
    > and starting to get a headache! I just need to know one thing to
    > really help, when I click on HELP > MOZILLA THUNDERBIRD HELP, I'm
    > always taken to an online page. I was hoping there was a regular help
    > file somewhere? I may not always be on broadband so it would be nice
    > to have a regular help file I can access on my hdd.
    >
    > Also, if I had that, I could figure out how to do a search, just like
    > one does on a regular help file.
    >
    > Currently, I've been reading past messages on the Thunderbird forum at
    > Mozilla. All my messages are displayed as text when most of them are
    > html. Anyway to get Thunderbird to display the message as it was
    > sent?
    >
    > Thanks, once I figure things out better, I'm sure such a simple
    > question will be easy to figure out, but until then, was hoping for
    > some help with this one.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Because no one has written a Thunderbird help file yet. Do you want to volunteer to do it?

    If you have been reading the messages on the Thunderbird Forum, it depends on what you are using to read them with. Mozilla or Firefox would render html as html and/or plain text as plain text. Other browsers may not. Thunderbird, because it isnt a browser cant read those forums. You want to see html as html, then either obtain a browser than can, or adust your browser to do so.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Jul 12, 2004