    Sometimes the screen will read, Verifying DMI.. and then hang.

    Any suggestions?

    , Aug 24, 2005

  2. birdman Guest

    It is not clear how experienced you are at assembling these boxes.
    First load just a video card, hard drive, cd (or DVD) rom and 1 memory
    stick.
    Ensure everything and all cables are seated properly.
    Ensure the BIOS settings are set to optimal, that the hard drive is set with
    the correct jumper, plugged into the correct IDE or SATA port (ditto for
    your cd) and that the video card and memory stick are seated correctly. The
    hard drive, presuming it is IDE should be in the primary channel and the
    optical drive in the secondary channel.
    If you do not have a floppy drive you must turn this off in the bios. Most
    BIOS routines have an optimal setting which includes searching for a floppy
    drive if there is a port for one on the motherboard.
    Do not put any installation CD into the optical drive.
    Your hard drive and optical drive should be recognized.
    You should hear the first post beep.
    If there is no operating system on the hard drive and the hardware is
    working properly you should complete posting and get to the point where you
    are told there is no operating system.
    If you do not get to this point you have a hardware problem and could have
    shorted out your motherboard or some component thereof.
    If you do not understand even this level of troubleshooting it may be
    cheaper in the long run to go to a local computer repair place and let them
    look at what you have . . .

    birdman, Aug 24, 2005

  3. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > Upon trying to boot it, it goes to the Post Summary Display and lists
    > the hard drive as being a slave even though I have it's jumper set to
    > master in it's own dedicated IDE.

    Put it at the end of the cable. Set it for cable select.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 24, 2005