    I just got one at a garage sale and it didn't have any software. WinXP
    doesn't have them. Driverguide.com doesn't have them either. Atleast not for
    WinXp.

    Nik Schlein, Nov 7, 2004

  2. Nik Schlein

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Nik Schlein" <> wrote in message
    news:pOejd.64883$R05.261@attbi_s53...
    | Does anyone have the drivers for a NewGen TurboPS/400p Laser Printer?
    |
    | I just got one at a garage sale and it didn't have any software. WinXP
    | doesn't have them. Driverguide.com doesn't have them either. Atleast not
    for
    | WinXp.

    Does that "PS" indicate "Postscript"? If it's Postscript, you can use just
    about any Postscript printer driver. It is also probably capable of
    emulating a HP Laserjet II - almost any laser printer will.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 7, 2004

  3. Nik Schlein

    Nik Schlein Guest

    Probably does stand for Post script, but how to I get XP to use a driver it
    doesn't think is for it?

    Nik Schlein, Nov 7, 2004
  4. Nik Schlein

    Toolman Tim Guest

    First, is the printer recognised as being attached (do you get the "Install
    New Hardware" diaglogs?) If so, cancel it.

    1) Start, Control Panel, Printers and Faxes: on the left side, click on "Add
    a printer". Click "Next".

    2) In that dialog box you will see radio buttons for "Local printer..." and
    "A network printer...". Click on "Local Printer..." and take the checkmark
    OUT of the option to "Automatically detect..."

    3) Click Next. Select the port you have plugged the printer into. Click
    Next.

    4) In the list of "Manufacturers" on the left, scroll down to HP. In the
    list of printers on the right, scroll down to "HP Laserjet Series II". Click
    on that, then click "Next".

    5) Put the printer name in the correct box, select Yes or No to using it as
    default, then click Next. Same with the next few screens - your choices as
    needed.

    | Probably does stand for Post script, but how to I get XP to use a driver
    it
    | doesn't think is for it?
    |

    | "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    | >
    | > "Nik Schlein" <> wrote in message
    | > | Does anyone have the drivers for a NewGen TurboPS/400p Laser Printer?
    | > |
    | > | I just got one at a garage sale and it didn't have any software. WinXP
    | > | doesn't have them. Driverguide.com doesn't have them either. Atleast
    not
    | > for
    | > | WinXp.
    | > |

    Toolman Tim, Nov 7, 2004
  5. Nik Schlein

    Fileseeker Guest

    > First, is the printer recognised as being attached (do you get the

    "Install
    > New Hardware" diaglogs?) If so, cancel it.
    >
    > 1) Start, Control Panel, Printers and Faxes: on the left side, click on

    "Add
    > a printer". Click "Next".
    >
    > 2) In that dialog box you will see radio buttons for "Local printer..."

    and
    > "A network printer...". Click on "Local Printer..." and take the checkmark
    > OUT of the option to "Automatically detect..."
    >
    > 3) Click Next. Select the port you have plugged the printer into. Click
    > Next.
    >
    > 4) In the list of "Manufacturers" on the left, scroll down to HP. In the
    > list of printers on the right, scroll down to "HP Laserjet Series II".

    Click
    > on that, then click "Next".
    >
    > 5) Put the printer name in the correct box, select Yes or No to using it

    as
    > default, then click Next. Same with the next few screens - your choices as
    > needed.
    >

    > "Nik Schlein" <> wrote in message
    > | Probably does stand for Post script, but how to I get XP to use a driver
    > it
    > | doesn't think is for it?
    > |

    > | "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > | >
    > | > "Nik Schlein" <> wrote in message

    Printer?
    > | > |

    WinXP
    > not
    > | > for
    > | > |

    > | > Does that "PS" indicate "Postscript"? If it's Postscript, you can use
    > just
    > | > about any Postscript printer driver. It is also probably capable of
    > | > emulating a HP Laserjet II - almost any laser printer will.

    Follow the above steps but select one of the APPLE LASER WRITER NT or NTX
    printer drivers. Works fine. Toner Cartridges are same as HP Laserjet IIIP
    for future reference

    Fileseeker, Nov 7, 2004