    DvdJil Guest

    Please would someone please tell me what "Beta testing" is.

    ddad

    DvdJil, Sep 16, 2003

  2. DvdJil

    trout Guest

    DvdJil wrote:

    > Please would someone please tell me what "Beta testing" is.
    >
    > ddad

    Testing of the "Beta" version of software; that is, a program
    version that *is* still being tested, for bugs and flaws, before being
    generally released as a finished product.
    --
    "Being a guinea pig."

    trout, Sep 16, 2003

  3. DvdJil

    Scribner Guest

    On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:11:15 -0700, "trout" <> wrote:

    >DvdJil wrote:
    >
    >> Please would someone please tell me what "Beta testing" is.
    >>
    >> ddad

    > Testing of the "Beta" version of software; that is, a program
    >version that *is* still being tested, for bugs and flaws, before being
    >generally released as a finished product.

    It is also what you do when you buy any Microsoft product. :cool:.

    Scribner, Sep 16, 2003
  4. DvdJil

    trout Guest

    Scribner wrote:

    > On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:11:15 -0700, "trout" <> wrote:
    >
    >> DvdJil wrote:
    >>
    >>> Please would someone please tell me what "Beta testing" is.
    >>>
    >>> ddad

    >> Testing of the "Beta" version of software; that is, a program
    >> version that *is* still being tested, for bugs and flaws, before
    >> being generally released as a finished product.

    > It is also what you do when you buy any Microsoft product. :cool:.

    .... anyone 'here' that *wasn't* waiting for that?
    --
    "Poor Billy."

    trout, Sep 16, 2003
  5. This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Tue, 16 Sep 2003
    10:20:20 -0700, trout uttered this:

    > Scribner wrote:

    >>> Testing of the "Beta" version of software; that is, a program
    >>> version that *is* still being tested, for bugs and flaws, before
    >>> being generally released as a finished product.

    >> It is also what you do when you buy any Microsoft product. :cool:.

    > .... anyone 'here' that *wasn't* waiting for that?

    Well I did think about it....<G>

    --
    "But decided it was
    someone else's turn!"

    William Poaster, Sep 16, 2003
  6. DvdJil

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:20:20 -0700, trout wrote:

    >Scribner wrote:

    >>> Testing of the "Beta" version of software; that is, a program
    >>> version that *is* still being tested, for bugs and flaws, before
    >>> being generally released as a finished product.

    >> It is also what you do when you buy any Microsoft product. :cool:.

    > .... anyone 'here' that *wasn't* waiting for that?

    No, but it had to happen.......

    .... although it's scary if one has a subscription to MS Technet Plus,
    one has to cough up GBP £250 for a pile of BETA stuff.

    Me

    why?, Sep 16, 2003
  7. DvdJil

    Howard Guest

    "DvdJil" <> wrote in message
    > Please would someone please tell me what "Beta testing" is.
    >
    > ddad

    Its a pre release of a program - bugs may still be present so a select
    number of users are requested to test it first.

    Howard, Sep 16, 2003