    the biggest image possible at highest resolution or would a smaller image
    size at high resolution blow up on the PC to a better picture.

    RAM

    Robbie Mann, Feb 2, 2005

  2. Robbie Mann

    Harvey Guest

    "Robbie Mann" <robbieDOTmannATbaesystemsDOTcom> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > As a newby I am sure this is a dumb question but I will ask it anyway.
    >
    > I have a Sony DSC P camera and I would like to take the best and biggest
    > photos possible. what's the best settings to do this. Should I look to get
    > the biggest image possible at highest resolution or would a smaller image
    > size at high resolution blow up on the PC to a better picture.
    >
    > RAM

    Well it depends on what model DSC P you have as to how big the print can be.
    But you must set the camera to the highest number of pixels and quality.
    The PC cannot make it better, only worse.

    Harvey, Feb 2, 2005

  3. Robbie Mann

    malfitano Guest

    I would disagree that a computer can only make it worse. When it comes
    to size, number of pixels, etc, then yes. But often you can adjust the
    brightness, contrast, and colors, on a computer, in ways that bring out
    more detail, say detail that was hidden in shadowy areas or in
    low-contrast areas.

    Anyways... Yeah, most digital cameras have a menu where you can choose
    a resolution (with choices like "5MP", "4MP", "3MP", "2MP", "VGA", or
    like "2300x1700", "1600x1200", "640x480"), and a menu where you can
    choose between compression methods ("Fine", "Sharp", "Normal"). Choose
    the nicest-sounding one.

    One easy way to tell that you did this is: The number of pictures that
    fit in your card should be smaller than it would be with any other
    combination of resolution and compression settings.
    BNM
    http://digitalcameraguide.blogspot.com

    malfitano, Feb 2, 2005