Newby connect problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sheldon Isaac, Oct 8, 2003.

  1. I got BasicLinux 2.1 to run from RAMdisk.
    I was able to connect to my ISP, with the settings as
    below.

    But now I can't, and the ISP's support people said they don't know why.

    When I say ppp-on , I see on the screen about as follows:

    Serial connection established

    Connect: ppp0 <-> /dev/ttyS3

    Remote message: FASTNET_RAS

    PAP authorization FAILED

    Connection terminated

    Can someone help me?

    Thanks,

    Sheldon Isaac

    ----------

    This is the eznet.conf. (The password below was
    changed from the real one)

    0 idle 0
    0 tty /dev/ttyS3
    0 phone t215-967-3278
    0 user sisaac
    0 password qwerty
    0 chat no

    ## The "0 chat no" is for PAP/CHAP authentication (the most popular
    method).
    ## If your ISP uses a different method, remove it.
    ##
    ## Some modems require special initialization (see your modem's manual). If
    ## yours does, add an init1 line. For example: 0 init1 at&f1&h1&r1

    -------------

    This is a diagnostic log of the most recent login
    attempt by eznet.

    Call Initiated: Tue Oct 7 17:19:01 2003

    The UNIX command used to initiate the connection attempt was:

    /usr/sbin/pppd /dev/ttyS3 57600 connect '/usr/bin/eznet chat 0'
    defaultroute lock modem mtu 552 mru 552 crtscts -detach user sisaac
    remotename x0

    The interaction with the modem was as follows:

    19:02.042 Send: "atz\r"
    19:02.370 Skip: "atz\r\r\n"
    19:02.920 Recv: "OK\r\n"
    19:02.920 Match: "OK"
    19:02.920 Send: "at&d3\r"
    19:03.140 Skip: "at&d3\r\r\n"
    19:03.690 Recv: "OK\r\n"
    19:03.690 Match: "OK"
    19:03.690 Send: "atdt2159673278\r"
    19:04.350 Recv: "atdt2159673278\r"
    19:29.210 Skip: "\r\n"
    19:29.760 Recv: "CONNECT 48000/ARQ/V90/LAPM/V42BIS\r\n"
    19:29.760 Match: "CONNECT"
    19:29.760 Accept

    Sheldon Isaac, Oct 8, 2003

  2. Sheldon Isaac

    HamMan Guest

    <snip error crap>

    are your isp using PAP or CHAP for dialup?

    HamMan, Oct 8, 2003

  3. "HamMan" <>
    wrote:
    > are your isp using PAP or CHAP for dialup?

    Yes.

    Problem was solved by two fellow users' telling me to make it
    rather than plain sisaac .

    FastNet took over netaxs, and apparently changed some things recently.

    I had forgotten that the new info was in my Windows DUN.

    Thanks.

    Sheldon Isaac, Oct 16, 2003