    Vista X64 Edition Questions or Comments in
    Microsoft.Public.Windows.Vista.General. Otherwise, fell free to post
    Questions or Comments here about Windows XP X64 Edition, Thanks in Advance.

    Guest, Jun 23, 2006

  2. No, its for Winxp/Win2003 x64 and 64bit (was: Re: Newbies Please Read: This is NOT a Windows Vista Newsgroup, it is however a Windows XP X64 Edition Newsgroup.)

    wrote:

    > Newbies, Please Read: This is NOT a Windows Vista X64 Edition
    > Newsgroup, it is however a Windows XP X64 Edition Newsgroup.

    No, it's not. This newsgroup is for "Windowsxp Professional x64 Edition" and
    "Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition" (both for AMD64/EM64T) and for "Windowsxp
    Professional 64bit Edition"/"Windows Server 2003 64bit Edition" (both for
    IA64 Itanium).

    It is not for Vista, however

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Jun 23, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    <> wrote in message
    Forgot to include my Signature.

    Kevin John Panzke (Microsoft Beta Tester and MSDN OS Level Subscriber)

    http://www.kevinpanzke.com

    P.S. Attention Poster Mikwiz, your Post's are Off Topic and will be
    Reported to Microsoft if Necessary, just FYI.

    Guest, Jun 23, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Re: No, its for Winxp/Win2003 x64 and 64bit (was: Re: Newbies Please Read: This is NOT a Windows Vista Newsgroup, it is however a Windows XP X64 Edition Newsgroup.)

    "Benjamin Gawert" <> wrote in message
    I was merely letting every one know that this is NOT a Windows Vista
    Newsgroup. I do NOT regularly use the Windows Server 2003 X64 and IA64
    Edition's and forgot that they exist. Thanks for correcting my Post.

    Kevin John Panzke (Microsoft Beta Tester and MSDN Subscriber)

    http://www.kevinpanzke.com

    Guest, Jun 23, 2006
  5. Kevin -
    In the interests of keeping this a friendly, and helpful, group, let's
    stick with Colin's formulation on this, please. This group IS a 64bit group,
    one that covers more than just XP x64, and it's the fault of the Vista beta
    team that they're finding their way here, not the fault of the individual
    user. Further, "reporting to MS as off topic" is a silly and useless
    statement - Microsoft uses automated processes to remove spam, viruses and
    porn links from the public newsgroups, but it does NOT remove legitimate
    posts, no matter how off topic they may be.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 23, 2006
  6. Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:

    > Kevin -
    > In the interests of keeping this a friendly, and helpful, group,
    > let's stick with Colin's formulation on this, please. This group IS a
    > 64bit group, one that covers more than just XP x64, and it's the
    > fault of the Vista beta team that they're finding their way here, not
    > the fault of the individual user. Further, "reporting to MS as off
    > topic" is a silly and useless statement - Microsoft uses automated
    > processes to remove spam, viruses and porn links from the public
    > newsgroups, but it does NOT remove legitimate posts, no matter how
    > off topic they may be.

    Well, I'd suggest to just ignore off-topic posts. If there are no answers
    except a single reply which references to the correct newsgroups I'm sure
    Vista traffic will be reduced a lot here...

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Jun 23, 2006
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Sorry, the only reason why I posted this is we just had two Windows Vista
    Posts in a Row, and one of them contained some Questionable Content that I
    think should be Removed from this Server.

    Guest, Jun 23, 2006
  8. wrote:

    > Sorry, the only reason why I posted this is we just had two Windows
    > Vista Posts in a Row, and one of them contained some Questionable
    > Content that I think should be Removed from this Server.

    This is not possible, but remember that for offending threads always at
    least two parts are necessary. The best thing is to give one advice to the
    correct newsgroup and after that just ignore off-topic postings. If everyone
    keeps them ignored the problems will disappear easily. Certain off-topic
    posters just come back because they still find some food here...

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Jun 23, 2006
  9. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Easiest solution would be to just close this site down. The only posts left
    are from angry anti Vista posters. Blocking the slammers who have nothing
    to offer results in 3-4 posts a week. The Vista site is more or less
    useless as there is no way to tell if they are having problems with the
    64-bit or 32-bit product. (plus I haven't seen any of your helpful posts
    there). Andre must be on vacation since he hasn't posted in a week. Hope
    he is well. Will check in again next week and slammers have fun (I won't
    see them).

    John Barnes, Jun 23, 2006
  10. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "Benjamin Gawert" <> wrote in message
    He (mikwiz) Posted this same Garbage in Several of the Windows Vista
    Newsgroups as well. (He Multi-Posted this Garbage instead of Cross-Posting
    this Garbage, just FYI). Therefore, His Posts should be Deleted, just FYI.

    Guest, Jun 23, 2006
  11. Since his post's are about this newsgroup I question that they are off
    topic. I don't agree with them but that is another issue.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 23, 2006
  12. You may block the sender or remove the message or both.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 23, 2006
  13. All that is true, but let's don't try to be the Posting Police either.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 23, 2006
  14. I think MS views the Vista newsgroups, especially General, to be agnostic to
    x86 or x64. At that level it is the features not the code that are
    discussed so who cares which edition it is. I started out disagreeing but
    now I am coming around. I really haven't seen any discussions in which the
    edition made any difference except in device driver cases and those should
    go to the hardware newsgroup who already know the differences between x86
    and x64 drivers anyway.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 23, 2006
  15. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Interesting. Sunday this post had been 'removed from the server'
    Welcome back Andre. Glad you are well 'again' Your helpful posts were
    sorely missed.

    John Barnes, Jun 27, 2006
  16. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Incidentally, many programs fail to run on Vista64, just like x64 and the
    Vista newsgroup IS deprived of the usefull information since most posters
    fail to state which system they are having problems on. I see a number of
    sites have been set up to solve this, but if you don't spot them on that
    large site, it does make Microsoft's designated site much less usefull. As
    Charlie has said, WHEN there is the Vista logo, the program will have to run
    on both, but for now that is NOT the case.

    John Barnes, Jun 27, 2006
  17. Vendors are struggling, and some of the most critical areas are around....
    drivers. Gee, ya think?

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64