    Thanks,

    George

    ---
    George, Jan 7, 2004

  2. George

    Andy Foster Guest

    On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 14:04:35 +0000, George wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I've just joined this group (as recommended by Microsoft themselves) and I
    > was wondering whether anyone can help me. I will be taking "Install,
    > configure and administer Windows 2000 Professional (070-210)" in February
    > and I need to know what to expect. What score do I need to pass? If I
    > fail, can I retake for free? How many exams (not including this one) do I
    > need to become a MCSE?

    If you need to ask, you don't need to know
    Andy Foster, Jan 7, 2004

  3. George

    FP Guest

    "George" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I've just joined this group (as recommended by Microsoft themselves) and I
    > was wondering whether anyone can help me. I will be taking "Install,
    > configure and administer Windows 2000 Professional (070-210)" in February
    > and I need to know what to expect. What score do I need to pass? If I

    fail,
    > can I retake for free? How many exams (not including this one) do I need

    > become a MCSE?
    > Thanks,
    > George

    George,
    I've seen the follow up 'smart' answer given already, I hope my response
    isn't in that tone.
    For MSCE, you have to pass 7 certifications, the Microsoft web site details
    this. There are many choices, pick those that are relevant to you. The
    following link details the options open. 5 core subjects and 2 electives.
    Be careful to do the right combinations, and note that this can change!
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/default.asp

    You can also use certifications from other organisations , i.e. Cisco to
    make up the required exam list.
    The retakes for the exams are usually NOT free, if you are taking a study
    course they may 'give' you a re-set free, but that is unusual. Exam fees
    differ depending what country your are in. In the UK it is presently £88
    +VAT
    Each exam has differing pass marks, some are as low as 55%, some require a
    700 /1000 pass mark. This information isn't secret just not publicised. I
    believe the 210 exam is a 50 questions in 2 1/2 hours, pass mark 700 /1000
    (no doubt I'll be told that wrong). It does change so be prepared. Ask
    Microsoft, they will tell you the up to date format, it's not secret!

    The MCSE subjects questions are in multiple choice answer format, i.e. pick
    all that apply, pick those that apply, pick 2 that apply etc....

    Microsoft and Sybex (and other) both publish study manuals for the exams.
    Use whatever study resources you get hold of.
    Re the 210 exam, you need to be competent in W2K Pro. There are also other,
    less scrupulous options, it is possible to 'buy' the pool of exam questions.
    Be aware, that these are not always right. I'm not your conscience, just do
    your best or what's required. ;-)

    Study hard, exam easy!
    Good luck!
    FP
    FP, Jan 7, 2004
  4. George

    Jon Guest

    >If you need to ask, you don't need to know
    >.

    If you felt the need to point that out, you should keep
    quiet in future.
    Jon, Jan 7, 2004
  5. "Jon" <> wrote in message

    > >If you need to ask, you don't need to know
    > >.
    > >

    > If you felt the need to point that out, you should keep
    > quiet in future.

    Hello Pot, this is Kettle. Kettle, this is Pot.

    --
    Politician Spock
    MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15

    Politician Spock, Jan 7, 2004
  6. George

    George Guest

    Thanks, that's very helpful!

    "FP" <> wrote in message
    > "George" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > > I've just joined this group (as recommended by Microsoft themselves) and

    > > was wondering whether anyone can help me. I will be taking "Install,
    > > configure and administer Windows 2000 Professional (070-210)" in

    February
    > > and I need to know what to expect. What score do I need to pass? If I

    > fail,
    > > can I retake for free? How many exams (not including this one) do I need

    > > become a MCSE?
    > > Thanks,
    > > George
    > >

    > George,
    > I've seen the follow up 'smart' answer given already, I hope my response
    > isn't in that tone.
    > For MSCE, you have to pass 7 certifications, the Microsoft web site

    details
    > this. There are many choices, pick those that are relevant to you. The
    > following link details the options open. 5 core subjects and 2 electives.
    > Be careful to do the right combinations, and note that this can change!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/default.asp
    >
    > You can also use certifications from other organisations , i.e. Cisco to
    > make up the required exam list.
    > The retakes for the exams are usually NOT free, if you are taking a study
    > course they may 'give' you a re-set free, but that is unusual. Exam fees
    > differ depending what country your are in. In the UK it is presently £88
    > +VAT
    > Each exam has differing pass marks, some are as low as 55%, some require a
    > 700 /1000 pass mark. This information isn't secret just not publicised.

    > believe the 210 exam is a 50 questions in 2 1/2 hours, pass mark 700

    /1000
    > (no doubt I'll be told that wrong). It does change so be prepared. Ask
    > Microsoft, they will tell you the up to date format, it's not secret!
    >
    > The MCSE subjects questions are in multiple choice answer format, i.e.

    pick
    > all that apply, pick those that apply, pick 2 that apply etc....
    >
    > Microsoft and Sybex (and other) both publish study manuals for the exams.
    > Use whatever study resources you get hold of.
    > Re the 210 exam, you need to be competent in W2K Pro. There are also

    other,
    > less scrupulous options, it is possible to 'buy' the pool of exam

    questions.
    > Be aware, that these are not always right. I'm not your conscience, just

    do
    > your best or what's required. ;-)
    >
    > Study hard, exam easy!
    > Good luck!
    > FP

    ---
    George, Jan 7, 2004
  7. George

    Jon Guest

    Urm... bad point, badly made.

    I think the analogy you were trying to use was "Pot
    calling the Kettle black", not "Introducing the Pot to
    the Kettle".

    >Hello Pot, this is Kettle. Kettle, this is Pot.
    >
    >--
    >Politician Spock
    >MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15
    >The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    confers no rights.
    >You assume all risk for your use. Not responsible for

    your inability to
    >understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the

    imaginary gnomes

    Jon, Jan 7, 2004
  8. Jon wrote:

    >> Hello Pot, this is Kettle. Kettle, this is Pot.

    > Urm... bad point, badly made.
    >
    > I think the analogy you were trying to use was "Pot
    > calling the Kettle black", not "Introducing the Pot to
    > the Kettle".

    Since you are Pot, and made accusations at Kettle, PS was merely doing the
    polite thing of introducing you to each other, since Kettle had not yet
    replied.

    I'm pretty sure most of us got the point, a good one, well made.

    Pay attention here because this WILL be on the exam.

    --
    Fris " http://www.potkettleblack.com/braindumps.htm " bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Jan 7, 2004
  9. "Jon" <> wrote in message
    > Urm... bad point, badly made.
    >
    > I think the analogy you were trying to use was "Pot
    > calling the Kettle black", not "Introducing the Pot to
    > the Kettle".

    Did you really just say that? Unbelievable!

    "It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth
    and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

    Politician Spock, Jan 7, 2004
  10. George

    Consultant Guest

    what a tool
    --
    Consultant, MCNGP Founding Father
    Lead Thug, Public Enemy #1

    Consultant, Jan 7, 2004
  11. Politician Spock wrote:
    > "Jon" <> wrote in message
    >> Urm... bad point, badly made.
    >>
    >> I think the analogy you were trying to use was "Pot
    >> calling the Kettle black", not "Introducing the Pot to
    >> the Kettle".

    > Did you really just say that? Unbelievable!
    >
    > "It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your
    > mouth and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

    Are you sure that quote is Lincoln? I thought it was Twain.

    --
    Fris "Never the Twain shall meet" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Jan 7, 2004
  12. "Frisbee® MCNGP" <> wrote in message
    > Politician Spock wrote:
    > > Did you really just say that? Unbelievable!
    > >
    > > "It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your
    > > mouth and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

    > Are you sure that quote is Lincoln? I thought it was Twain.

    I've always heard it was from Lincoln. But it does sound like something
    Twain would say.

    Politician Spock, Jan 7, 2004
  13. George

    Andy Foster Guest

    On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 07:43:37 -0800, Jon wrote:

    >>If you need to ask, you don't need to know .
    >>

    > If you felt the need to point that out, you should keep quiet in future.

    Same to you, with brass knobs on
    Andy Foster, Jan 8, 2004
  14. George

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "FP" <> wrote in

    > "George" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >> I've just joined this group (as recommended by Microsoft themselves)
    >> and I was wondering whether anyone can help me. I will be taking
    >> "Install, configure and administer Windows 2000 Professional
    >> (070-210)" in February and I need to know what to expect. What score
    >> do I need to pass? If I

    > fail,
    >> can I retake for free? How many exams (not including this one) do I
    >> need

    >> become a MCSE?
    >> Thanks,
    >> George
    >>

    > George,
    > I've seen the follow up 'smart' answer given already, I hope my
    > response isn't in that tone.
    > For MSCE, you have to pass 7 certifications, the Microsoft web site
    > details this. There are many choices, pick those that are relevant to
    > you. The following link details the options open. 5 core subjects
    > and 2 electives. Be careful to do the right combinations, and note
    > that this can change!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/default.asp
    >
    > You can also use certifications from other organisations , i.e. Cisco
    > to make up the required exam list.
    > The retakes for the exams are usually NOT free, if you are taking a
    > study course they may 'give' you a re-set free, but that is unusual.
    > Exam fees differ depending what country your are in. In the UK it is
    > presently £88 +VAT
    > Each exam has differing pass marks, some are as low as 55%, some
    > require a 700 /1000 pass mark. This information isn't secret just not
    > publicised. I believe the 210 exam is a 50 questions in 2 1/2 hours,
    > pass mark 700 /1000 (no doubt I'll be told that wrong). It does
    > change so be prepared. Ask Microsoft, they will tell you the up to
    > date format, it's not secret!
    >
    > The MCSE subjects questions are in multiple choice answer format, i.e.
    > pick all that apply, pick those that apply, pick 2 that apply etc....
    >
    > Microsoft and Sybex (and other) both publish study manuals for the
    > exams. Use whatever study resources you get hold of.
    > Re the 210 exam, you need to be competent in W2K Pro. There are also
    > other, less scrupulous options, it is possible to 'buy' the pool of
    > exam questions. Be aware, that these are not always right. I'm not
    > your conscience, just do your best or what's required. ;-)
    >
    > Study hard, exam easy!
    > Good luck!
    > FP

    damn! you guys gave him the "secret url"! now he knows.

    all he needs now is http://www.microsoft.com/technet/ and we are in big
    trouble. we are screwed, i tell you! screwed!

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    MCSE, Security+, Linux+
    Rowdy Yates, Jan 8, 2004
  15. George

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Consultant wrote:

    > rowdy, i am glad to see you come around. you were an insufferable bore
    > there for awhile.

    well, i was only recently that I discovered that there was a "meaning to the
    madness"....

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    MCSE, Security+, Linux+
    Rowdy Yates, Jan 8, 2004
  16. George

    Consultant Guest

    Consultant, Jan 8, 2004
  17. George

    Consultant Guest

    welcome to the shiny light

    Consultant, Jan 8, 2004
  18. George

    Ed Guest

    My experience was... yes, I did fail one of the exams...
    If you fail an exam, you can can it again (not for free)
    immediately if you like. If you fail it the second time,
    you will not be able to take it again for 14 business days.

    Thanks,

    Ed

    that

    (http://www.grisoft.com).

    Ed, Jan 8, 2004
  19. In article <06ba01c3d539$56555170$>,
    says...
    > Urm... bad point, badly made.

    Urm, bad reading comprehension, obviously evidenced.

    > I think the analogy you were trying to use was "Pot=20
    > calling the Kettle black", not "Introducing the Pot to=20
    > the Kettle".

    I think that you may want to work a bit on expanding your capability to
    glean that which is non-literal in written material.

    Laura
    Laura A. Robinson, Jan 8, 2004