    Kreki Guest

    My friend will give me cisco ip phone. What to do then to make voip calls
    thanks
    Kreki, Mar 24, 2005

  2. Kreki

    Vox Humana Guest

    "Kreki" <> wrote in message
    news:d1v6hl$a62$...
    > My friend will give me cisco ip phone. What to do then to make voip calls
    > thanks

    You can subscribe to a free service like FWD ( freeworlddialup.com ) and
    talk with other people on that network and affialiate (like Vonnage
    subscribers) for free. If you want to make calls to PSTN numbers, you have
    to sign-up with a provider. You can get unlimited plans, plans with set
    minutes, and you can get a pay-as-you-go plan. For instance, Teliax has a
    PAYG plan with domestic minutes at 2 cents with a 2 cent connection charge,
    billed in 6 second increments. If you want a phone number, the fee is
    $5/month.
    Vox Humana, Mar 24, 2005

  3. Kreki

    Paul Guest

    I wish I had a friend that would give me a cisco :(

    Paul, Mar 26, 2005
  4. Kreki

    Guest

    Kreki wrote:
    > My friend will give me cisco ip phone. What to do then to make voip

    calls
    > thanks

    You'll probably want to sign up with a normal provider rather than one
    of the free services b/c basically, you get what you pay for.
    , Mar 30, 2005