    Alan
    Southampton
    UK

    Alan Mascall, Mar 12, 2005

  2. Alan Mascall

    Pepperoni Guest

    "Alan Mascall" <> wrote in message
    news:psJYd.21049$...
    > I've managed to get hold of a Cisco CP-7920 handset - now what I need to

    now
    > is I can I make/receive calls via my router/wifi AP - if so what
    > software/hardware do I need? Is the software difficult to configure? Any
    > help would be greatly appreciated
    >
    > Rgds
    > Alan
    > Southampton
    > UK

    I'm not familiar with the hardware, but...........

    It appears to use a proprietary protocol ( Compatible with Cisco Survivable
    Remote Site Telephony (SRST) Version 2.0 and later. ) and may require a
    Cisco AP. (Access point support: Cisco Aironet series access points
    including the 1200, 1100, 350 and 340 series)

    Pepperoni, Mar 12, 2005

  3. Alan Mascall

    JDBalogh Guest

    Information on the 7920 is at
    http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Cisco 792

    Note that it runs SCCP (a "Skinny" proprietary version of H.32
    developed by Selsius - who was bought by Cisco a few years ago)
    Cisco and Asterisk (maybe others?) support this protocol fo
    registering phones

    The quickest way to get the phone running is to follow the SCCP lin
    on the above web page. Essentially, you need to install Asterisk on
    machine in your network and register the phone to it. At that poin
    you will have dialtone, and can trans-code out to IAX, SIP, H.323 o
    even POTS. :-

    HTH

    JD

    JDBalogh, Mar 22, 2005