    Any help/comment/suggestion would be hugely appreciated

    Thanks

    Nick Luck

    Nick Luck, Jul 22, 2004

  2. Nick Luck

    JR Guest

    Hi Nick,

    Try to disable the firewall on both your machines for
    starters. Then try to ping between both machines and see
    if you get a reply.
    Let us know if this works

    connection between
    >my Main PC (attached to the D-Link 624) and my laptop

    (with a D-link G650
    >card). The problem is that I have run the network setup

    on both machones
    >(both usinh XP Pro) and I cannot get the

    networkrunning. Work group names
    >are the same but the setup on my PC fails, stating that

    network could not be
    >finished.
    >
    >I note that the D-Link router does not actually show up

    as a piece of
    >hardware in Device Manger (although, why shopuld it, as

    it is hidden behind
    >the Ethernet port). Is there something simple that I am

    missing here? I
    >clearly have a connection, as I am internet sharing, but

    I cannot access

    JR, Jul 22, 2004

  3. Nick Luck

    Jack Guest