    domain certificate?

    If so what type of certificate is required?

    If this question appears basic please forgive my newbieness.
    Paul Smith, Jan 24, 2005

  2. Paul Smith

    donnie Guest

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 00:13:27 +0100, Paul Smith <>
    wrote:

    >Is it possible to import a third party certificate i.e. versign, thwate
    >to be used as the root of an internal windows 2003 active directory
    >domain certificate?
    >
    >If so what type of certificate is required?
    >
    >If this question appears basic please forgive my newbieness.

    ##########################
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q281271

    See if that helps. If not, either search the knowledgebase further or
    post your question at the forum at www.minasi.com
    Mark Minasi wrote an excellent book on configuring w2k server. I'm
    sure you'll find the answer there.
    donnie.
    donnie, Jan 25, 2005

  3. Paul Smith

    winged Guest

    Paul Smith wrote:
    > Is it possible to import a third party certificate i.e. versign, thwate
    > to be used as the root of an internal windows 2003 active directory
    > domain certificate?
    >
    > If so what type of certificate is required?
    >
    > If this question appears basic please forgive my newbieness.

    A CA certificate, yes you can use either a root or subordinate certificate.

    Read more at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272175

    Hope this helps.

    Winged
    winged, Jan 25, 2005