    I am absloutley tearing my hair out as to how to find it...can anyone please
    give a hand and advise me how to get to it/ where it is located?

    thanks in sincere anticipation...

    The running fox, Jul 5, 2003

  2. --
    Brian..thanks for the reply..
    NO, it dosnt say press DEL to enter setup...i shall try the F8 thing right
    now and see it it works...

    cheers :)

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Errrrr...erm... The running fox said:
    >
    > > Hi..I am trying HARD to access the bios of my PC using windows 98.
    > > my pc is a packard bell p3, 550mhz, brought in nov 1999.
    > > I am absloutley tearing my hair out as to how to find it...can anyone

    please
    > > give a hand and advise me how to get to it/ where it is located?
    > >
    > > thanks in sincere anticipation...

    > Do you have a message on your screen during bootup that says "Press DEL to

    enter

    The running fox, Jul 5, 2003

  3. The running fox

    SgtMinor Guest

    http://www.techadvice.com/tech/B/BIOS_Enter.htm

    Says F1 or F2 for Packard-Bell.

    SgtMinor, Jul 6, 2003
  4. Various motherboards and Bioses have different keys to access:

    try one of: F1; F2; F10; Insert; or Delete

    Also, try doing it *before* the screen becomes "fully on" On fast Pcs, this
    can happen quickly. Also, some BIOSes have the option to suppress the "Press
    xxx for Setup" prompt.

    John Haithwaite @ Blue Case Solutions, Jul 7, 2003