    I know there _is_ an easier way, but I don't want another newsreader ... )

    --
    Paul

    Paul - xxx, Dec 15, 2003

  2. Paul - xxx

    trout Guest

    Paul - xxx wrote:

    > I know OE isn't a great app for newsgroups, but it suits me for a
    > number of reasons. Anyway my question is ..
    >
    > Is there any way I can use a Message Rule or other method to
    > automatically delete or remove messages cross-posted to a number, say
    > more than 3, newsgroups ? I use XP and OE 6.00.2800.1123
    >
    > I've looked but can't see a way around this other than killfiling,
    > but I'd rather just delete all crossposted articles.
    >
    > I know there _is_ an easier way, but I don't want another newsreader
    > ... )

    Paul, have you ever tried Nfilter? It's a proxy that you can use
    with OE to filter on this basis; or any number of others (including by
    ISP or remailer).
    Now, that said; I'm just going by what others have said; since I
    downloaded a copy and never got around to installing it. Problem 2, is
    that I don't seem to be able to find a working link; getting an error
    on: http://www.nfilter.org/ .
    --
    "Perhaps someone wandering by can shed some light."

    trout, Dec 15, 2003

  3. Paul - xxx

    °Mike° Guest

    As trout says, NFilter (or News Proxy) will do exactly what you'd like.
    Unfortunately, the author has ceased support for it, and it is no longer
    available, officially, online. I have a copy lying around somewhere. If
    you'd like, I could post it to alt.binaries.test ?

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 19:48:00 -0000, in
    <brl378$4igl9$-berlin.de>
    Paul - xxx scrawled:

    >I know OE isn't a great app for newsgroups, but it suits me for a number of
    >reasons. Anyway my question is ..
    >
    >Is there any way I can use a Message Rule or other method to automatically
    >delete or remove messages cross-posted to a number, say more than 3,
    >newsgroups ? I use XP and OE 6.00.2800.1123
    >
    >I've looked but can't see a way around this other than killfiling, but I'd
    >rather just delete all crossposted articles.
    >
    >I know there _is_ an easier way, but I don't want another newsreader ... )

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 15, 2003
  4. Paul - xxx

    Mara Guest

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:40:15 +0000, °Mike° wrote:

    >As trout says, NFilter (or News Proxy) will do exactly what you'd like.
    >Unfortunately, the author has ceased support for it, and it is no longer
    >available, officially, online. I have a copy lying around somewhere. If
    >you'd like, I could post it to alt.binaries.test ?

    NewsProxy can be direct-downloaded from here:

    http://dl2.163.com/soft/newbj/server/NewsProxy.exe

    It's version 1.2.1-b1.

    >On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 19:48:00 -0000, in
    > <brl378$4igl9$-berlin.de>
    > Paul - xxx scrawled:
    >
    >>I know OE isn't a great app for newsgroups, but it suits me for a number of
    >>reasons. Anyway my question is ..
    >>
    >>Is there any way I can use a Message Rule or other method to automatically
    >>delete or remove messages cross-posted to a number, say more than 3,
    >>newsgroups ? I use XP and OE 6.00.2800.1123
    >>
    >>I've looked but can't see a way around this other than killfiling, but I'd
    >>rather just delete all crossposted articles.
    >>
    >>I know there _is_ an easier way, but I don't want another newsreader ... )

    --
    "Here, Outlook Express, run this program." "Okay, stranger."
    --Clifto, nanae

    Mara, Dec 16, 2003
  5. Paul - xxx

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:49:47 -0600, in
    <>
    Mara scrawled:

    >On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:40:15 +0000, °Mike° wrote:
    >
    >>As trout says, NFilter (or News Proxy) will do exactly what you'd like.
    >>Unfortunately, the author has ceased support for it, and it is no longer
    >>available, officially, online. I have a copy lying around somewhere. If
    >>you'd like, I could post it to alt.binaries.test ?

    >NewsProxy can be direct-downloaded from here:
    >
    >http://dl2.163.com/soft/newbj/server/NewsProxy.exe
    >
    >It's version 1.2.1-b1.

    Thanks. :)

    °Mike°, Dec 16, 2003
  6. Paul - xxx

    Paul - xxx Guest

    trout posted ...

    > Paul - xxx wrote:
    >
    >> I know OE isn't a great app for newsgroups, but it suits me for a
    >> number of reasons. Anyway my question is ..
    >>
    >> Is there any way I can use a Message Rule or other method to
    >> automatically delete or remove messages cross-posted to a number, say
    >> more than 3, newsgroups ? I use XP and OE 6.00.2800.1123
    >>
    >> I've looked but can't see a way around this other than killfiling,
    >> but I'd rather just delete all crossposted articles.
    >>
    >> I know there _is_ an easier way, but I don't want another newsreader
    >> ... )

    > Paul, have you ever tried Nfilter? It's a proxy that you can use
    > with OE to filter on this basis; or any number of others (including by
    > ISP or remailer).

    I haven't but I will, thanks .. ;)

    > Now, that said; I'm just going by what others have said; since I
    > downloaded a copy and never got around to installing it. Problem 2, is
    > that I don't seem to be able to find a working link; getting an error
    > on: http://www.nfilter.org/ .

    Heheheh, someone will have a good link ...

    --
    Paul

    Paul - xxx, Dec 16, 2003
  7. Paul - xxx

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Mara posted ...

    > On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:40:15 +0000, °Mike° wrote:
    >
    >> As trout says, NFilter (or News Proxy) will do exactly what you'd
    >> like. Unfortunately, the author has ceased support for it, and it is
    >> no longer available, officially, online. I have a copy lying around
    >> somewhere. If you'd like, I could post it to alt.binaries.test ?

    > NewsProxy can be direct-downloaded from here:
    >
    > http://dl2.163.com/soft/newbj/server/NewsProxy.exe
    >
    > It's version 1.2.1-b1.
    >

    >> On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 19:48:00 -0000, in
    >> <brl378$4igl9$-berlin.de>
    >> Paul - xxx scrawled:
    >>
    >>> I know OE isn't a great app for newsgroups, but it suits me for a
    >>> number of reasons. Anyway my question is ..
    >>>
    >>> Is there any way I can use a Message Rule or other method to
    >>> automatically delete or remove messages cross-posted to a number,
    >>> say more than 3, newsgroups ? I use XP and OE 6.00.2800.1123
    >>>
    >>> I've looked but can't see a way around this other than killfiling,
    >>> but I'd rather just delete all crossposted articles.
    >>>
    >>> I know there _is_ an easier way, but I don't want another
    >>> newsreader ... )

    Nice one, thanks .. ;)

    --
    Paul

    Paul - xxx, Dec 16, 2003
  8. Paul - xxx

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Cheers, Mike. I'll follow 'Mara's' link .. ;)

    °Mike° posted ...

    --
    Paul

    Paul - xxx, Dec 16, 2003