    will have only 10Mb to play with.

    KISS is a favorite motto

    JohnF
    JohnF, Jul 23, 2003

  2. JohnF

    HamMan Guest

    "JohnF" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm relatively fluent in PC's but have no experience building/setting
    > up web pages. What is a easily understood web page software to start
    > with. I'll be using the space provided to me by my Cox subscription so
    > will have only 10Mb to play with.
    >
    > KISS is a favorite motto
    >
    > JohnF

    Dreamweaver :p
    HamMan, Jul 23, 2003

  3. JohnF

    area 51 Guest

    "JohnF" <> wrote in message
    > I'm relatively fluent in PC's but have no experience building/setting
    > up web pages. What is a easily understood web page software to start
    > with. I'll be using the space provided to me by my Cox subscription so
    > will have only 10Mb to play with.
    >
    > KISS is a favorite motto
    >
    > John

    A good easy web set up is
    www.homestead.com
    area 51, Jul 23, 2003
  4. JohnF

    Brian H¹© Guest

    JohnF said:

    > I'm relatively fluent in PC's but have no experience building/setting
    > up web pages. What is a easily understood web page software to start
    > with. I'll be using the space provided to me by my Cox subscription so
    > will have only 10Mb to play with.
    >
    > KISS is a favorite motto
    >
    > JohnF

    An html book from the local store/library, and Windows Notepad

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror
    Brian H¹©, Jul 23, 2003
  5. JohnF

    Bhoona Guest

    I was/ am in the same position as you.
    I have dreamweaver..... Well theres a story behind that :)
    Seriously, i nearly kicked my PC into touch trying to figure it out. I
    never read instructions by the way.

    I do have an Office package which has frontpage. I found that very useful
    and had my website online with 1 hour.

    I am now slowly learning how to use dreamweaver. It is very powerful, but
    can be complex

    Hope this is of use

    Bhoona

    "JohnF" <> wrote in message
    > I'm relatively fluent in PC's but have no experience building/setting
    > up web pages. What is a easily understood web page software to start
    > with. I'll be using the space provided to me by my Cox subscription so
    > will have only 10Mb to play with.
    >
    > KISS is a favorite motto
    >
    > JohnF

    ---
    Bhoona, Jul 23, 2003
  6. JohnF

    jtw Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:40:39 GMT, (JohnF)
    wrote:

    >I'm relatively fluent in PC's but have no experience building/setting
    >up web pages. What is a easily understood web page software to start
    >with. I'll be using the space provided to me by my Cox subscription so
    >will have only 10Mb to play with.
    >
    >KISS is a favorite motto
    >
    >JohnF

    I really like Dreamweaver MX. FrontPage is a good start. Everything is
    done with wizards. Lot of templates for FP are available. Check
    Google for some web editors as well.

    jtw

    --

    http://www.UsenetRocket.com
    jtw, Jul 23, 2003
  7. JohnF

    HamMan Guest

    "JohnF" <> wrote in message
    > I'm relatively fluent in PC's but have no experience building/setting
    > up web pages. What is a easily understood web page software to start
    > with. I'll be using the space provided to me by my Cox subscription so
    > will have only 10Mb to play with.
    >
    > KISS is a favorite motto
    >
    > JohnF

    How could i forget word's export as HTML feature, a noob to webdesign would
    be proud!
    HamMan, Jul 23, 2003

  8. > I'm relatively fluent in PC's but have no experience building/setting
    > up web pages. What is a easily understood web page software to start
    > with. I'll be using the space provided to me by my Cox subscription so
    > will have only 10Mb to play with.

    If you can afford it Macromedia Dreamweaver....
    if you can have a look here for some great free ones

    http://freeware.quantum.2ya.com/

    http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm
    Bebop & Rocksteady, Jul 24, 2003
  9. JohnF

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:53:01 +0100, HamMan wrote:

    >"JohnF" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm relatively fluent in PC's but have no experience building/setting
    >> up web pages. What is a easily understood web page software to start
    >> with. I'll be using the space provided to me by my Cox subscription so
    >> will have only 10Mb to play with.
    >>
    >> KISS is a favorite motto
    >>
    >> JohnF

    >How could i forget word's export as HTML feature, a noob to webdesign would
    >be proud!

    Easy because it's so bad, crap, useless, pile of junk.

    Me
    why?, Jul 24, 2003
  10. JohnF

    M.L. Guest

    >>> I'm relatively fluent in PC's but have no experience building/setting
    >>> up web pages. What is a easily understood web page software to start
    >>> with. I'll be using the space provided to me by my Cox subscription so
    >>> will have only 10Mb to play with.
    >>>
    >>> KISS is a favorite motto

    >>In that case, something like notepad.exe should suit you down to the ground.

    >The only problem with notepad is I have absolutly no clue as to
    >writing HTML or the format needed to create a page.
    >
    >.....I just recalled seeing a book on simple HTML around here
    >someplace, I'll look around again.
    >
    >Thanks for the mind jog

    Learning HTML from Notepad is far easier than getting used to the
    learning curve needed by Dreamweaver and Frontpage. The basic HTML
    skeleton is simple:

    <head>
    <title>Title Goes Here</title>
    </head>

    Try typing text between the BODY tags and save the text document with
    an htm or html extension...then you're done -- everything else is just
    embellishment. There are plenty of good tutorials on the net (hope you
    find that book).
    M.L., Jul 25, 2003
  11. JohnF

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Fred Evans said:

    > I sell software that will convert any Plain or Rich Text instantly into an
    > HTML Web Page---If Interested
    > Email me at
    > All Software is FULL Version, and 100% money back Guaranteed

    FFS try replying to the people who ask questions, not to those who reply.
    And if you continue to reply with ads to the products you sell, you are likely
    to get reported for spam.

    Brian H¹©, Jul 29, 2003
  12. JohnF

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Brian H¹© continued:

    > Fred Evans said:
    >
    >> I sell software that will convert any Plain or Rich Text instantly
    >> into an HTML Web Page---If Interested
    >> Email me at
    >> All Software is FULL Version, and 100% money back Guaranteed
    >>

    > FFS try replying to the people who ask questions, not to those who
    > reply.
    > And if you continue to reply with ads to the products you sell, you
    > are likely to get reported for spam.

    Doh!
    Too late again ;-)
    ()
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Jul 29, 2003
  13. JohnF

    Jimchip Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 21:33:52 GMT, Fred Evans wrote:
    > I sell software that will convert any Plain or Rich Text instantly into an

    --
    We will have solar energy as soon as the utility companies solve
    one technical problem -- how to run sunlight through a meter.
    Jimchip, Jul 29, 2003
  14. JohnF

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Jimchip continued:

    > On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 21:33:52 GMT, Fred Evans wrote:
    >> I sell software that will convert any Plain or Rich Text instantly
    >> into an

    Calm down, young man, once is enough ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Jul 29, 2003