    as read. I can't believe OE does something better than TB so how do I
    get TB to do something similar?

    Many thanks for any help and advice. Shawk
    Shawk, Jul 5, 2006

  2. Shawk

    gwtc Guest

    Shawk wrote:
    > Finally got round to installing TB 1.5.0.4. Lots of things I like about
    > it, have set it up to use different quote level colours and that's made
    > a big difference in long threads. One thing I can't work out....
    >
    > I subscribe to a number of NG's and some are similar (i.e. games).
    > After reading one group I'll go to another and find I have to read a lot
    > of the same threads/posts all over again. This is really annoying. OE
    > recognises these duplicate posts and automagically marks such crossposts
    > as read. I can't believe OE does something better than TB so how do I
    > get TB to do something similar?
    >
    > Many thanks for any help and advice. Shawk

    can't

    --
    Murphy's Laws of Computing: A computer program will always do what
    you tell it to do, but rarely what you want to do.
    gwtc, Jul 5, 2006

  3. Shawk

    gwtc Guest

    gwtc, Jul 5, 2006
  4. Shawk

    Shawk Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > Shawk wrote:
    >> Finally got round to installing TB 1.5.0.4. Lots of things I like
    >> about it, have set it up to use different quote level colours and
    >> that's made a big difference in long threads. One thing I can't work
    >> out....
    >>
    >> I subscribe to a number of NG's and some are similar (i.e. games).
    >> After reading one group I'll go to another and find I have to read a
    >> lot of the same threads/posts all over again. This is really
    >> annoying. OE recognises these duplicate posts and automagically marks
    >> such crossposts as read. I can't believe OE does something better
    >> than TB so how do I get TB to do something similar?
    >>
    >> Many thanks for any help and advice. Shawk

    > can't

    After much googling I was starting to suspect this.... bugger!
    Shawk, Jul 5, 2006
  5. Shawk

    Shawk Guest

    Shawk, Jul 5, 2006
  6. Shawk

    gwtc Guest

    Shawk wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >>Shawk wrote:
    >>
    >>>Finally got round to installing TB 1.5.0.4. Lots of things I like
    >>>about it, have set it up to use different quote level colours and
    >>>that's made a big difference in long threads. One thing I can't work
    >>>out....
    >>>
    >>>I subscribe to a number of NG's and some are similar (i.e. games).
    >>>After reading one group I'll go to another and find I have to read a
    >>>lot of the same threads/posts all over again. This is really
    >>>annoying. OE recognises these duplicate posts and automagically marks
    >>>such crossposts as read. I can't believe OE does something better
    >>>than TB so how do I get TB to do something similar?
    >>>
    >>>Many thanks for any help and advice. Shawk

    >>can't
    >>

    > After much googling I was starting to suspect this.... bugger!

    I think there was talk that maybe in TB 2.x it will do this, but not
    right now.

    --
    You Know You're Getting Even Older When . . . You and your teeth don't
    sleep together.
    gwtc, Jul 5, 2006
  7. Shawk

    gwtc Guest

    gwtc, Jul 5, 2006
  8. Shawk

    Shawk Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > Shawk wrote:
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> can't
    >>>

    >> After much googling I was starting to suspect this.... bugger!

    > I think there was talk that maybe in TB 2.x it will do this, but not
    > right now.

    Thanks. Learn to live with it or try something else I guess.
    Shawk, Jul 5, 2006
  9. Shawk

    Shawk Guest

    Shawk, Jul 5, 2006