    The one is a using a dsl line and the other is a diginet. Is there any
    way for me to find out the bandwidth of the lines.

    , Sep 7, 2006

  2. voltron Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi all sorry for the newbie question.
    >
    > I have just started at a company and they have 2 cisco 800 routers
    > connected to our client.
    > The one is a using a dsl line and the other is a diginet. Is there any
    > way for me to find out the bandwidth of the lines.

    run a speed test
    http://speakeasy.net/speedtest
    make sure u choose a server thats closest to you

    voltron, Sep 7, 2006

  3. chris Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi all sorry for the newbie question.
    >
    > I have just started at a company and they have 2 cisco 800 routers
    > connected to our client.
    > The one is a using a dsl line and the other is a diginet. Is there any
    > way for me to find out the bandwidth of the lines.

    Ask the provider nicely.

    chris, Sep 7, 2006
  4. Guest

    chris wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Hi all sorry for the newbie question.
    > >
    > > I have just started at a company and they have 2 cisco 800 routers
    > > connected to our client.
    > > The one is a using a dsl line and the other is a diginet. Is there any
    > > way for me to find out the bandwidth of the lines.
    > >

    > Ask the provider nicely.

    You should both of the above. I have also found that

    temp#sh dsl int atm 0
    Interleave Fast Interleave
    Fast
    Speed (kbps): 0 576 0

    Seems to reasonably correctly show the "As advertised" speed.
    This one is nominally 512 down, 256 up.

    I have seen this on say a few tens of routers and have never found
    a discrepancy. YMMV.

    , Sep 7, 2006
  5. chris Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > chris wrote:
    >> <> wrote in message
    >> > Hi all sorry for the newbie question.
    >> >
    >> > I have just started at a company and they have 2 cisco 800 routers
    >> > connected to our client.
    >> > The one is a using a dsl line and the other is a diginet. Is there any
    >> > way for me to find out the bandwidth of the lines.
    >> >

    >> Ask the provider nicely.

    > You should both of the above. I have also found that
    >
    > temp#sh dsl int atm 0
    > Interleave Fast Interleave
    > Fast
    > Speed (kbps): 0 576 0
    > 288
    >
    > Seems to reasonably correctly show the "As advertised" speed.
    > This one is nominally 512 down, 256 up.
    >
    > I have seen this on say a few tens of routers and have never found
    > a discrepancy. YMMV.

    This only gives the rate at which the router is connected to the DSLAM, not
    the actual rate of the service. It's not unusual to have the DSLAM profile
    set at say 3Mbps down but then traffic shaping applied on the BRAS for 512K,
    1Meg, 2Meg and 3Meg services.

    Chris.

    chris, Sep 7, 2006