    the max memory that can be used when running Windows ME?

    thanks in advance
    Ken

    Ken, Jul 15, 2004

  2. Ken

    Thor Guest

    "Ken" <> wrote in message
    news:cd6v9t$n8l$...
    > Hi
    > Can a micro atx motherboard be fitted to a standard atx case? and what is

    yes.

    > the max memory that can be used when running Windows ME?

    2GB if I recall.

    Thor, Jul 15, 2004

  3. Ken

    Ken Guest

    Thanks m8, I had it in my head it was 515mb for 98/ME and 2 gig for XP

    Ken, Jul 15, 2004
  4. Ken

    Thor Guest

    "Ken" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks m8, I had it in my head it was 515mb for 98/ME and 2 gig for XP
    > "Thor" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Ken" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi
    > > > Can a micro atx motherboard be fitted to a standard atx case? and what

    > is
    > >
    > > yes.
    > >
    > > > the max memory that can be used when running Windows ME?

    > > 2GB if I recall.

    There is a >512MB issue with Win98 where you may need to limit the Vcache
    settings to prevent it from using all available addresses and causing an out
    of memory error. But once that minor change is done, there is no problem in
    using >512MB.

    Thor, Jul 16, 2004
  5. Ken

    derek / nul Guest