    I need to know if exists a command to see the port status (open, close
    etc..http, ftp, etc)
    Thanks

    TechMan, Jul 14, 2003

  2. TechMan

    Pier Guest

    netstat -a

    Pier, Jul 14, 2003

  3. In article <7OvQa.7540$>,
    TechMan <> wrote:
    :I need to know if exists a command to see the port status (open, close
    :etc..http, ftp, etc)

    For which platform?

    There is no command for this on PIX, and I do not know of any command
    for this on IOS.

    When you are using access lists (on PIX or IOS), whether a port is
    accessible or not depends upon the IP address that you are trying
    to connect from, so there is no simple way to check whether
    access will be permitted to a particular port.

    Somehow, though, I get the impression that your question is not about
    Cisco devices: I suspect your question is really about Windows.
    The command to use in Windows (or Unix) is netstat

    --
    Before responding, take into account the possibility that the Universe
    was created just an instant ago, and that you have not actually read

    Walter Roberson, Jul 14, 2003
  4. TechMan wrote:

    > the question is for my cisco 831.
    > I tried with my scanner, and i can see port 25 and 110 open.
    > How is possible? i never open ports on my router, and in the config there
    > isn't a config line that opens those ports.

    Are you sure about that? Port 25 is SMTP, and 110 is POP3; are you
    perchance running NAT redirecting those to internal servers?

    Something like 'ip inside source static tcp <internal address> 25
    <outside address> 25' would do it for SMTP.

    Regards,

    Marco.

    M.C. van den Bovenkamp, Jul 14, 2003
  5. On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:25:27 +0200, "TechMan" <> wrote:

    >the question is for my cisco 831.
    >I tried with my scanner, and i can see port 25 and 110 open.
    >How is possible? i never open ports on my router, and in the config there
    >isn't a config line that opens those ports.
    >Bye

    You're probably running Norton AntiVirus on the machine that you ran
    the scan from. NAV sets itself up to act as a proxy for incoming and
    outgoing email, which tricks portscanners into declaring ports 25 and
    110 open whenever a host is scanned.

    Terry Baranski, Jul 15, 2003