    think it first has to be converted to MPEG video/audio stream.
    I don't think this is complicated but I definitely could use some advice
    from an expert. Thanks in advance.

    Norman, Nov 12, 2003

  2. Norman

    Richard C. Guest

    newbie is in wrongie groupie.

    ===============================
    "Norman" <> wrote in message news:...
    : I downloaded a movie and I would like to cut it on a couple of cd's so I can
    : watch it on my tv rather than my computer. It came as microsoft video but I
    : think it first has to be converted to MPEG video/audio stream.
    : I don't think this is complicated but I definitely could use some advice
    : from an expert. Thanks in advance.
    :
    ===================
    Just buy the movie............

    Richard C., Nov 12, 2003

  3. Norman

    Justin Guest

    Norman wrote on [Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:02:41 -0500]:
    > I downloaded a movie and I would like to cut it on a couple of cd's so I can
    > watch it on my tv rather than my computer. It came as microsoft video but I
    > think it first has to be converted to MPEG video/audio stream.
    > I don't think this is complicated but I definitely could use some advice
    > from an expert. Thanks in advance.

    and what does this even have to do with DVDs?
    Thief

    Justin, Nov 12, 2003
  4. Norman

    Mike F Guest

    You will need to download two programs, TMPGEnc and Virtual Dub. Also, you
    will need a decent burning program.

    Go to http://www.dvdrhelp.com/divxtovcd.htm for a steb-by-step guide.

    This always works with .avi files, what extension is on the file you
    downloaded? I think most file extensions can be converted this way.

    Mike

    Mike F, Nov 12, 2003